This zucchini soup is fresh, silky, and incredibly healthy! With just a handful of simple ingredients and 30 minutes you’ll have a nutritious soup you can enjoy all year long. Serve this irresistibly creamy zucchini soup with crusty bread for a light lunch or dinner!
What Makes This Creamy Zucchini Soup So Good
- It’s naturally low-carb and easily made vegan! Simply sub the butter in this recipe for olive oil or vegan butter and you’ve got a low-carb and dairy-free zucchini soup.
- This soup is a quick and easy way to incorporate more veggies into your diet! Zucchini, which flourishes in the summer months, is pureed in vegetable broth and a few simple spices. One spoonful of this delicious soup and you’ll forget how healthy this dish actually is.
- It takes less than 30 minutes to make! Not to mention, requires just five ingredients, not including salt and pepper. Make this zucchini soup when you need something tasty, quick, and nutritious!
Key Ingredients for Zucchini Soup
Zucchini – This summer vegetable is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants – it also happens to be the star of this dish! Collect three or four medium-sized zucchini, from either the grocery store or your garden, for this recipe. Simply slice it into even-sized chunks, no need to peel the zucchini before adding it to the pot.
Vegetable Broth – Vegetable broth makes this zucchini soup naturally vegetarian, though you could use chicken broth instead if you’d like! Broth adds just a touch more flavor and is recommended over using water in this recipe.
- Feel free to add shredded cheese or a touch of heavy cream to make this zucchini soup even more rich and flavorful. You can either add these ingredients at the end of cooking or sprinkle/drizzle them atop your finished dish.
- Make this recipe ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You could even freeze this soup in an airtight container for up to three months!
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can puree this zucchini soup in a blender. If using a blender, let the soup cool before transferring it in batches to a blender and blending until smooth.
More Delicious Zucchini Recipes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Large pot
- Blender (or immersion blender)
- 1 tablespoon butter see Notes
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups zucchini chopped, see Notes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- Sauté onion in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft, then add in the garlic and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add in the zucchini, salt, and black pepper, cook for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, then remove from the heat and puree with an immersion blender.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan butter or one tablespoon of olive oil in place of the butter in this recipe. You can even add a touch of full-fat coconut milk for extra creaminess!
- Zucchini: Chop the zucchini however you’d like, as long as they are chopped into even-sized pieces for even cooking.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!