Healthy Overnight French Toast Casserole with Blueberries and Maple-Cream Cheese Glaze
Maple-cream cheese glaze
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Real maple syrup , to serve, optional
- Grease a 9x13" pan with butter or spray with cooking spray. Cut bread into 1" pieces and spread evenly in prepared pan. Top evenly with blueberries. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Whisk until very smooth and pour over bread. Press bread down with fingers to make sure all of bread is saturated. Add a bit more milk, if needed. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350º. Remove pan from fridge. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, make maple-cream cheese glaze. Whisk together cream cheese and maple syrup until very smooth and set aside. To serve, drizzle glaze on top of warm French toast casserole. Top with real maple syrup, too, if desired!
My recipe was inspired by this “unbelievable blueberry French toast” from Sally’s Baking Addiction, but healthified!
For more information on eureka!® Organic Bread visit them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Do you have a go-to recipe for days that are just super especially busy? Share it with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/27/16– 6/27/16
Be sure to visit the eureka!® Organic Bread brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!