This recipe is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This simple but elegant heirloom tomato salad is as delicious as it is pretty! Loaded with sweet, fresh flavors, it’s absolutely perfect with any main course. It’s great for making ahead of time and is naturally vegan, keto, paleo, and Whole30, too! The best way to celebrate fresh summer heirloom tomatoes.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This vegan heirloom tomato salad is full of fresh flavors and is so easy to make, yet super delicious and sure to please your family. It’s perfect for Labor Day with barbecue or food fresh off the grill.
- Heirloom tomatoes are grown from seeds taken from the best fruit of the previous seasons. This ensures they have the most delicious taste, are super juicy, and the perfect size. Paired with sweet shallots, Sprouts Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and fresh and aromatic basil, these tomatoes are sweet, juicy, and full of end of summer flavor.
- I love shopping at Sprouts for produce because they always have the freshest, highest quality products, no matter which location you go to! These gorgeous heirloom tomatoes were perfectly ripe and juicy, making them the perfect star of this salad!
How To Make Heirloom Tomato Salad
Cut the tomatoes into slices.
Lay the slices out on a platter or serving dish and sprinkle with the shallot slices.
Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar (if you desire) and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle your garnishes on top and serve.
Top Tips For Making
- Want to dress up your salad a little? Try adding a handful of feta cheese (or vegan cheese to keep it plant-based) to your salad for an extra salty, cheesy bite.
- A splash of red wine, white wine, or balsamic vinegar is totally optional but will add a nice tang to your tomatoes.
- This salad is absolutely delicious on its own but also tastes incredible loaded on top of slices of toasted baguette.
- You can make this salad early in the day and keep in covered in the fridge until dinner time. Letting it sit all day will actually help the tomatoes marinate and make the flavors really pop.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- 7 Layer Salad
- Asparagus Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
- Avocado Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
- Perfect Pea Salad
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 4 Sunset Heirloom Tomatoes
- ½ shallot thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sprouts Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine, white wine, or balsamic vinegar optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper plenty
- basil leaves fresh, garnish, optional
- BrightFresh Micro Broccoli garnish, optional
- Sprouts Organic Edible Flowers garnish, optional
- Cut tomatoes into slices about 1/4" inch thick. Lay tomato slices on platter or serving dish. Sprinkle with shallot slices. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar (if desired) and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with basil, sprouts, and edible flowers as desired.
- Ingredient variations: Add feta or vegan cheese to salad. Vinegar is optional but adds tang to salad.
- Serving: Delicious on its own, but can also be served on slices of toasted baguette.
- Make ahead: Make earlier on same day you plan on serving. Cover and place in fridge.
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.