This five minute, four ingredient vegan cream cheese couldn’t be any easier! Made using simple, good-for-you ingredients, it couldn’t be any healthier, either. It’s mild yet tangy, mimicking that traditional cream cheese flavor.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- The food processor (or blender) does all the work for you! Throw all ingredients in there and in under a minute you’ll have homemade vegan cream cheese.
- It pairs well with virtually anything. Spread some on a bagel for breakfast, add a dollop to a salad, or dip your veggies in it.
- It’s customizable to your favorite cream cheese flavor! Add a handful of herbs, chopped veggies, or even a dash of cinnamon and brown sugar for a sweet vegan spread.
Raw Unsalted Cashews – It is extremely important that your cashews are both raw and unsalted. You might have to do some digging at the grocery store for these but they’re the main character of this vegan cream cheese recipe.
Lemon Juice – Offers that tanginess you get from traditional cream cheese. If you don’t have any lemon juice on-hand, white or apple cider vinegar will work in its place.
Unsweetened Plain Non-Dairy Yogurt – Can be made from coconuts, soy, almonds, cashews etc. As long as it’s unsweetened (no sugar at all!) and plain vegan yogurt, it’ll work!
- The longer you soak your cashews, the better. I soaked mine in hot water for three hours and the result is incredibly soft and easy to blend cashews.
- If you’re having trouble blending your cream cheese, add in a little more non-diary yogurt a tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
- Play around with the seasoning. Start conservatively with the salt and add more as you’d like. Feel free to add any other spices you’d like, too – really make this vegan cream cheese your own!
Other Easy Vegan Recipes
- Vegan Nutella
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Best Vegan Queso
- Vegan Enchiladas
- The Best Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Vegan Latkas
- 1 ½ cups raw unsalted cashews soaked, see Notes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup plain non-dairy yogurt unsweetened, see Notes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Food processor or blender
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and pulse until smooth.
- Taste and add more salt to your preference.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Soaked Cashews: To soak cashews, add raw cashews to a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit for at least 1 hour and no more than 8 hours.
- Food Processor: You may need to stop the food processor to scrape down the sides halfway through. Make sure all ingredients are evenly incorporated and well-blended.
- Non-Dairy Yogurt: You can use unsweetened coconut cream instead of non-dairy yogurt.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.