This thick, rich Instant Pot rice pudding is deliciously sweet with hints of cinnamon and vanilla. Super simple to make, this pudding is an easy but indulgent dessert or breakfast!
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. Should you click through to that product and make a purchase, 40 Aprons will receive a small compensation, at no additional cost to you. Anything mentioned here is referred solely based on my experience and satisfaction with the company and/or product, and not because of any potential commission. I’ll identify any affiliate links when they appear within the post!
What Makes This Instant Pot Rice Pudding So Good
- This rice pudding is so decadent with the perfect texture and sweetness. It’s hard to believe it’s so easy to make with just a few ingredients and an Instant Pot or pressure cooker!
- This recipe is already naturally gluten-free, but with a quick swap, can easily be made vegan as well.
- Equally delicious hot or cold, this pudding is perfect freshly made or after being chilled in the fridge. It’s also a great way to use pantry staples in a new and different way!
How To Make Instant Pot Rice Pudding
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Combine everything but the last three ingredients in the Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid.
Select high pressure and set the timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10-15 minutes for the pressure to build.
Natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining pressure. Unlock and remove the lid. Add in everything else and stir.
Top Tips For Making Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding
- The lemon adds a super nice fragrant element to the dish, but doesn’t make the pudding taste “lemony.” Not sure what lemon zest is or the best way to make it? Check out this post!
- If you prefer a plain white rice pudding, omit the cinnamon. You can also leave out the raisins if they’re not your thing.
- To make your Instant Pot rice pudding vegan, substitute the butter for a vegan alternative.
- For a thinner rice pudding, add a little extra milk after adding the raisins. Be aware that your pudding will thicken as it cools!
More Delicious Desserts
- Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
- Whipped Coffee Ice Cream Sundae
- Paleo Carrot Cake (Gluten Free)
- Black Bean Brownies
- Perfect Paleo Brownies (Fudgy, Crackly Top, Gluten Free)
- Keto Lemon Bars
- Banana Bread Pudding
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot or pressure cooker
- Combine milk, rice, maple syrup, cinnamon, butter, and salt in Instant Pot, then close and lock lid. Select high pressure and set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Natural release for 10 minutes then quick release remaining pressure. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in vanilla extract, lemon, and raisins. Serve hot or cold.
- Ingredient notes: The lemon zest adds a fragrant quality to the pudding, but doesn’t make it taste “lemony.”
- Plain rice pudding: Omit cinnamon.
- Vegan: Substitute the butter for a vegan butter.
- Thinner pudding: Add extra milk after adding raisins. Note that pudding will thicken after cooling.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.