Cooking bacon in the air fryer is the absolute key to perfectly crispy bacon. Not only that, it’s super easy and hands off – no flipping or grease splattering! We just adore our crispy air fryer bacon; you’ll never cook bacon any other way.
Why This Air Fryer Bacon Recipe Is So Good
- Talk about easy! Popping bacon in the air fryer is the simplest way to get perfectly crispy bacon!
- Not only is air fried bacon the easiest, it’s also almost completely mess-free and hands-off. No grease splattering all over the stove (or you, ouch!), no flipping, no accidentally burning your bacon because you walked away for two seconds…
- Bacon in the air fryer is perfect for a breakfast side, but we also love it for bacon chips, bacon for guacamole, making easy bacon bits for salads and baked potatoes, and really any recipe that needs cooked bacon.
- This method works for any type of bacon – pork, turkey, even vegan bacon! You may need to adjust your cook time a little from one type to the next, so keep that in mind.
- Check on your bacon halfway through the cook time, especially if you’re trying this method for the first time. 10 minutes is usually just about perfect, but you may want to adjust your time.
- For thicker bacon, you may need to cook for 15 minutes. Thin bacon, or bacon that you prefer chewier, may only need 8 minutes.
- You can fold over your bacon once when placing in the air fryer, but no more. Otherwise your bacon may not crisp on each side!
- For easy clean up, line the bottom of the air fryer with a piece of air fryer safe parchment paper.
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Avocado Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Bacon
- Air fryer
- 5 pieces bacon
- Place bacon in single layer in air fryer.
- Cook at 400º F for 10 minutes. See notes.
- Check your bacon halfway through the cook time. 10 minutes is usually just about perfect, but you may want to adjust your time to get the exact texture you love.
- Thick bacon: Cook up to 15 minutes.
- Thin bacon/chewier bacon: Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Do not fold bacon more than once.
- Easy clean-up: Line bottom of air fryer basket with air fryer safe parchment paper.
Cheryl Malik is the recipe developer, writer, and photographer behind the healthy, flavorful, family friendly recipes at 40 Aprons. She’s been a blogger for 10+ years and is known for her delicious recipes and detailed recipe instructions. Cheryl is a mom of three who lives in Memphis, TN.