Cooking bacon in the air fryer is the absolute key to perfectly crispy bacon. Not only that, it’s super easy and hands off – no flipping or grease splattering! We just adore our crispy air fryer bacon; you’ll never cook bacon any other way.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Talk about easy! Popping bacon in the air fryer is the simplest way to get perfectly crispy bacon!
- Not only is air fried bacon the easiest, it’s also almost completely mess-free and hands-off. No grease splattering all over the stove (or you, ouch!), no flipping, no accidentally burning your bacon because you walked away for two seconds…
- Bacon in the air fryer is perfect for a breakfast side, but we also love it for bacon chips, bacon for guacamole, making easy bacon bits for salads and baked potatoes, and really any recipe that needs cooked bacon.
- This method works for any type of bacon – pork, turkey, even vegan bacon! You may need to adjust your cook time a little from one type to the next, so keep that in mind.
- Check on your bacon halfway through the cook time, especially if you’re trying this method for the first time. 10 minutes is usually just about perfect, but you may want to adjust your time.
- For thicker bacon, you may need to cook for 15 minutes. Thin bacon, or bacon that you prefer chewier, may only need 8 minutes.
- You can fold over your bacon once when placing in the air fryer, but no more. Otherwise your bacon may not crisp on each side!
- For easy clean up, line the bottom of the air fryer with a piece of air fryer safe parchment paper.
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Avocado Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Frozen Biscuits in the Air Fryer
- Sausage in the Air Fryer
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- 5 pieces bacon
- Air fryer
- Place bacon in single layer in air fryer.
- Cook at 400º F for 10 minutes. See notes.
- Check your bacon halfway through the cook time. 10 minutes is usually just about perfect, but you may want to adjust your time to get the exact texture you love.
- Thick bacon: Cook up to 15 minutes.
- Thin bacon/chewier bacon: Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Do not fold bacon more than once.
- Easy clean-up: Line bottom of air fryer basket with air fryer safe parchment paper.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.