Cooking bacon in the air fryer is the absolute key to perfectly crispy bacon. Not only that, it’s super easy and hands off – no flipping or grease splattering! We just adore our crispy air fryer bacon; you’ll never cook bacon any other way.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- Talk about easy! Popping bacon in the air fryer is the most simple way to get perfectly crispy bacon!
- Not only is air fried bacon the easiest, it’s also almost completely mess-free and hands-off. No grease splattering all over the stove (or you, ouch!), no flipping, no accidentally burning your bacon because you walked away for two second.
- Bacon in the air fryer is perfect for a breakfast side, but we also love it for bacon chips, bacon for guacamole, making easy bacon bits for salads and baked potatoes, and almost any recipe that needs cooked bacon.
How To Cook Bacon in the Air Fryer
- Line your bacon in a single layer on the bottom of your air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400º for 10 minutes. (See notes for additional cook times.)
Top Tips For Making
- Test halfway through the cook time, especially when cooking your bacon in the air fryer for the first time. 10 minutes is usually just about perfect, but you may want to adjust your time after checking the bacon.
- For thicker bacon, you may need to cook for 15 minutes. Thin bacon, or bacon that you prefer chewier, may only need 8 minutes.
- You can fold over your bacon once when placing in the air fryer, but no more. Otherwise your bacon may not crisp on each side!
- For easy clean up, line the bottom of the air fryer with a piece of parchment paper.
More Easy Recipes
- Air Fryer Baked Potato
- Avocado Chips
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Dreamy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
- Simple Asian Cucumber Salad
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Air Fryer Bacon
Bacon cooked in the air fryer couldn't be easier! It's the perfect way to get crispy, hands-off bacon for a side dish or for recipes.
- 5 pieces bacon
Place bacon in single layer in air fryer.
Cook at 400º F for 10 minutes. See notes.
- Test your bacon halfway through the cook time. 10 minutes is usually just about perfect, but you may want to adjust your time after checking the bacon.
- Thick bacon: Cook up to 15 minutes.
- Thin bacon/chewier bacon: Cook 8-10 minutes.
- Do not fold bacon more than once.
- Easy clean-up: Line bottom of air fryer basket with parchment paper.