Homemade air fryer mozzarella sticks are quick, easy, and so delicious! Soft and cheesy on the inside, and irresistibly crispy on the outside. These air fryer mozzarella sticks are the perfect appetizer or snack.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- They’re surprisingly easy to make from scratch! With only five ingredients and in a few simple steps, you’ll have entire homemade mozzarella sticks. The air fryer does most of the hard work!
- They’re better than anything you’d order at a restaurant or buy at the grocery store! These cheesy, air fried bites are total perfection. They’re also made healthier with the use of an air fryer!
- They’re the ultimate comfort food and a total crowd-pleaser! Everyone will go crazy for the air fryer mozzarella sticks. Make these for your next potluck, party, or as a game day snack!
Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – Mozzarella cheese sticks are the perfect shape and size for this easy appetizer recipe. Once cooked, the cheese becomes perfectly gooey, melty, and totally delicious. I prefer cutting my cheese sticks in half for this recipe, but feel free to leave them whole for even larger air fryer mozzarella sticks!
Italian Breadcrumbs – Pre-seasoned Italian breadcrumbs make this recipe even easier. Loaded with Italian seasonings, Italian breadcrumbs give this dish an extra boost of flavor. However, if you can’t find Italian breadcrumbs, you can create your own by mixing together 1 cup of plain breadcrumbs with 1 tablespoon of dried Italian seasoning.
- Prep these air fryer mozzarella sticks up to three months in advance! That’s right, assemble these cheese-filled bites then freeze for however long you’d like. When ready to cook, simply pop them straight into the air fryer, then enjoy!
- Dip this tasty appetizer into any sauce you’d like! I went for classic marinara sauce, but even a zesty ranch dip would taste delicious. I also recommend topping them with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley for extra flavor.
- Cook these mozzarella sticks in a single layer. Avoid stacking or overlapping them inside your air fryer. Therefore, if you need to work in batches to get these cooked, then definitely do so!
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Tilapia
- Homemade Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds
- Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Potato Skins
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 8 mozzarella cheese sticks cut in half
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3 small bowls
- Air fryer
- Whisk egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Dip each mozzarella stick in flour, then the egg mixture, then the Italian breadcrumbs. Repeat until all cheese sticks are coated in breadcrumbs. Place mozzarella sticks on a parchment-lined tray and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat air fryer to 390° Fahrenheit and spray inside of air fryer basket with cooking oil. Place mozzarella stick in basket in a single layer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Make it Gluten-Free: Use all purpose gluten-free flour instead of regular flour, and gluten-free breadcrumbs in place of the Italian breadcrumbs.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.