Love Taco Bell’s nacho cheese sauce and want to make the recipe at home? Whether you’re craving cheesy fiesta potatoes, nachos, or a cheesy burrito, this copycat recipe is super quick and easy and tastes so much like the fast food fave.
This Taco Bell nacho cheese sauce recipe may be totally different from my usual recipes, but with Taco Bell retiring so many of their beloved items (Mexican pizza! Cheesy fiesta potatoes!), I knew I had to whip up some copycats, stat. While this may not be the healthiest cheese dip recipe on my site, it will definitely curb that craving for fast food. It’s also really ridiculously easy to make (literally one step) and healthier than the powdered nacho cheese Taco Bell makes its dip with. (Just sayin’.)
What Makes This Recipe So Good
Cheeze Whiz cheese dip – I know, I know. This is not a normal ingredient here at 40 Aprons. However, if you want that real Taco Bell flavor, prepackaged cheese dip is the way to go.
Pickled jalapeño juice – Brine from a jar of pickled jalapeños gives this sauce a little heat and an extra burst of flavor.
Milk – Helps make the cheese sauce extra creamy.
Cayenne pepper – As much or as little as you like for a little peppery spice.
How To Make Taco Bell Nacho Cheese
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Top Tips For Making
- If you don’t have Cheeze Whiz, you can really use any kind of plain cheese dip.
- If you’d like your cheese sauce warm, microwave it in 15 second increments, stirring between each cook time.
- This cheese sauce is great on tacos, quesadillas, tortilla chips, or even with french fries!
More Delicious Copycat Recipes
- Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes
- Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
- Whole30 Panera Fuji Apple Salad with Chicken (Paleo, Dairy-Free)
- Healthy Chick Fil A Frosted Lemonade Recipe (Paleo, Vegan)
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Taco Bell Nacho Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 1 15-ounce jar Cheez Whiz cheese dip
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4-5 tablespoons brine from pickled jalapeños
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cheeze Whiz sub: Use any type of plain cheese dip or Velveeta if you don’t have Cheeze Whiz.
- Warm sauce: Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each cook time.
- Serving suggestions: Tacos, quesadillas, tortilla chips, french fries, etc.