Cooking fish sticks in the air fryer makes them crispier and more delicious than ever! Super quick to make, we’ll never prepare our frozen fish sticks any other way.
What Makes Frozen Fish Sticks in the Air Fryer So Good
- Air frying gives you the crispy, crunchy texture of deep fried fish sticks without that whole submerging-food-in-hot-oil thing. Clean up is a breeze, too!
- No need to thaw your fish sticks! With this method you’ll go from frozen to ready-to-eat in less than 15 minutes.
- This is a great way to reheat any leftover fish sticks. Since you’ve already cooked them once, they’ll only need 2 to 3 minutes in the air fryer. Just long enough to heat them through and crisp up the breading again!
Interested in an air fryer but not sure where to start? Check out our article about the 5 Air Fryers We Love.
Key Ingredients for Air Fryer Fish Sticks
Fish Sticks – This method works for any brand of frozen fish sticks, so choose your favorite! You can cook as many fish sticks as you need, but depending on the number, you may need to do multiple batches.
- It’s super important that you place the fish sticks in the air fryer basket in a single, even layer. They shouldn’t overlap or touch – in order for the air fryer to work its magic, the air has to circulate completely.
- The spray oil in this recipe is optional! It’ll help your fish sticks crisp up even more, but the air fryer does a good job of that on its own. If you decide to use a spray oil, be sure not to use anything aerosolized. Canned, aerosol cooking sprays (like PAM) contain harsh ingredients that will damage the coating on your air fryer basket.
- If your air fryer uses racks instead of a basket, be sure to rotate the racks halfway through the cook time, to ensure all of your fish sticks cook evenly.
- We used frozen breaded fish sticks here, but this same method will totally work if you decide to make your own instead!
More Seafood Recipes You’ll Love
- Italian Fish Stew
- Creamy Fish Chowder
- Easy Fish Tacos with Slaw and Chipotle Sauce
- Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls with Mango Salsa, Chipotle Aioli, Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice (Paleo)
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Seafood Salad
- Fish Taco Sauce
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Frozen Fish Sticks in the Air Fryer
- Air fryer
- frozen fish sticks
- spray oil optional, for extra crispy
- 1 pinch salt optional
- Preheat air fryer (with empty basket inserted) to 400º Fahrenheit for approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove basket and add frozen fish sticks in a single layer. Spray with oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat.
- Return basket to air fryer. Cook 10 minutes, removing basket and shaking fish sticks after 5 minutes.
- Remove fish sticks from basket and serve as desired.
- Use this method to cook as many fish sticks as you like. Remember to place fish sticks in the basket in a single, even layer, with space between each stick. You may have to cook multiple batches depending on the number of fish sticks you’re cooking.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!