These perfectly crispy air fryer kale chips are ready to eat in minutes! Made with only 3 ingredients, this super easy method will give you the perfect crunch for this satisfying and delicious low-carb snack.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Making kale chips in the air fryer is seriously the easiest method! The kale chips turn out super crispy and they’re ready to eat in less than 5 minutes!
- Kale chips are such a great and tasty alternative snack to potato chips. Their crunch is super satisfying, and they fit in most dietary restrictions you can think of! They’re Whole30, low-carb, keto, gluten free, low-fat, dairy free, vegan and absolutely delicious.
- If you like to meal-prep, make a double or triple batch to have this super nutritious snack on hand for your week. They’ll store great for up to 5 days!
- We kept this recipe super simple using only kale, oil and salt but please have fun with your seasoning. You can easily make those kale chips a different flavor every time you air fry them. Add garlic powder, onion powder, ranch seasoning, grated parmesan, paprika, chili lime flavoring, or even a little sesame oil and sesame seeds. The possibilities are truly endless!
- This method works for both curly kale and lacinato kale (also called Tuscan or dinosaur). Just make sure to remove the main thick middle stem in the middle for a more pleasant bite.
- Once you’ve washed and chopped up the kale, dry it really well before air frying it. You can even use a salad spinner, and then lay the leaves on paper towel or a kitchen towel. This will ensure they get as crispy as can be!
More Delicious Recipes With Kale
- 1 large bunch kale approximately 1 pound
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil avocado oil, olive oil, etc.
- ½ teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- air fryer
- Paper towels
- Cutting board optional
- Sharp knife optional
- running water
- Large bowl
- Preheat air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit. Remove thick stems from kale and discard. Lay out one thick layer of paper towels. Tear off second thick layer of paper towels and set aside.
- Wash kale leaves under running water, massaging gently, then place kale on paper towels. Cover with second layer of paper towels and gently dry leaves completely.
- Place completely dry kale leaves in large bowl. Add neutral oil and salt, and toss until kale leaves are fully coated.
- Transfer kale leaves to air fryer basket. Return basket to preheated air fryer. Air fry kale 2 minutes, then pause fryer and remove basket. Toss or flip kale to ensure even cooking, then return basket to air fryer.
- Air fry kale 2 minutes more or until desired doneness is reached, being careful not to burn kale. Once kale is crispy, transfer kale chips to serving bowl. Repeat process with any remaining kale leaves, then serve as desired.
- Storage: Let kale chips cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container. Keep at room temperature up to 5 days. If they lose crispiness, air fry again for 1 or 2 minutes.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.