This keto gravy has all the irresistible flavors of comforting gravy, with a fraction of the carbs! A few simple ingredients is all you’ll need for this creamy and delicious gravy. Throw together this easy recipe for your next holiday or dinner party – no one will ever guess how much healthier it is!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It has just 1 gram of carbs per serving! That’s a fraction of what most traditional gravy recipes have. This gravy fits perfectly into any low-carb diet.
- It’s as intensely flavorful and delicious as any other gravy. No one will ever guess how much healthier this keto gravy is! Whip this recipe together and fool friends and family with this keto side dish.
- It can be poured over virtually anything! This gravy will take your main course to the next level. I love smothering roasted chicken, turkey, or even steak in this delicious sauce.
Broth or Turkey Pan Drippings – If you’ve just roasted a turkey or chicken, don’t throw away the pan drippings! Instead, save them for this recipe. Pan drippings contain concentrated flavors which taste incredible in any gravy. However, you can also make this recipe even if you haven’t just roasted a whole bird. To do this, replace the drippings with an additional cup of your favorite broth.
Worcestershire Sauce – While optional, Worcestershire sauce gives this keto gravy an incredibly rich color and flavor. This sauce deepens the taste of the gravy, therefore making it that much more delicious. Though recommended, if you don’t have Worcestershire sauce, you can leave it out of this recipe.
Xanthan Gum – Xanthan gum is a thickening agent that is impressively low in carbs. This weird-sounding ingredient replaces the all purpose flour in traditional gravy recipes. Xanthan gum is crucial to the texture of this keto gravy and therefore shouldn’t be substituted or forgotten!
- Keep in mind that your keto gravy will continue to thicken as it cools! If by the end of simmering, the gravy isn’t as thick as you’d like it – that’s ok. Once you remove it from the heat, it will thicken to that perfectly smooth consistency.
- Get creative with the seasoning in this recipe! Fresh herbs and/or cracked black pepper would make great additions to this gravy. Once done cooking, give the gravy a taste and adjust any seasoning as desired.
- Be sure to whisk while adding in the xanthan gum. While rare, xanthan gum can clump when added to liquid. Therefore, easily avoid this by whisking constantly while sprinkling the powder into your keto gravy.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
- Keto Ramen
- Keto Granola
- 15 Keto Crockpot Recipes
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Keto English Muffin
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, then slowly add in the broth.
- Bring to a boil then add in the onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the xanthan gum and continue to simmer until gravy has thickened. Remove from heat, keto gravy will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Make it Paleo: Replace the butter with ghee to make this keto gravy paleo.
- Make it Dairy-Free: Use 4 tablespoons of non-dairy butter in place of the regular butter in this recipe.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.