This keto gravy has all the irresistible flavors of comforting gravy, with a fraction of the carbs! A few simple ingredients is all you’ll need for this creamy and delicious gravy. Throw together this easy recipe for your next holiday or dinner party – no one will ever guess how much healthier it is!
What Makes This Keto Gravy So Good
- It has just 1 gram of carbs per serving! That’s a fraction of what most traditional gravy recipes have. This gravy fits perfectly into any low-carb diet.
- It’s as intensely flavorful and delicious as any other gravy. No one will ever guess how much healthier this keto gravy is! Whip this recipe together and fool friends and family with this keto side dish.
- It can be poured over virtually anything! This gravy will take your main course to the next level. I love smothering roasted chicken, turkey, or even steak in this delicious sauce.
Key Ingredients for Keto Gravy
Broth or Turkey Pan Drippings – If you’ve just roasted a turkey or chicken, don’t throw away the pan drippings! Instead, save them for this recipe. Pan drippings contain concentrated flavors which taste incredible in any gravy. However, you can also make this recipe even if you haven’t just roasted a whole bird. To do this, replace the drippings with an additional cup of your favorite broth.
Worcestershire Sauce – While optional, Worcestershire sauce gives this keto gravy an incredibly rich color and flavor. This sauce deepens the taste of the gravy, therefore making it that much more delicious. Though recommended, if you don’t have Worcestershire sauce, you can leave it out of this recipe.
Xanthan Gum – Xanthan gum is a thickening agent that is impressively low in carbs. This weird-sounding ingredient replaces the all purpose flour in traditional gravy recipes. Xanthan gum is crucial to the texture of this keto gravy and therefore shouldn’t be substituted or forgotten!
- Keep in mind that your keto gravy will continue to thicken as it cools! If by the end of simmering, the gravy isn’t as thick as you’d like it – that’s ok. Once you remove it from the heat, it will thicken to that perfectly smooth consistency.
- Get creative with the seasoning in this recipe! Fresh herbs and/or cracked black pepper would make great additions to this gravy. Once done cooking, give the gravy a taste and adjust any seasoning as desired.
- Be sure to whisk while adding in the xanthan gum. While rare, xanthan gum can clump when added to liquid. Therefore, easily avoid this by whisking constantly while sprinkling the powder into your keto gravy.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
- Keto Ramen
- Keto Granola
- 15 Keto Crockpot Recipes
- Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Keto English Muffin
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, then slowly add in the broth.
- Bring to a boil then add in the onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the xanthan gum and continue to simmer until gravy has thickened. Remove from heat, keto gravy will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Make it Paleo: Replace the butter with ghee to make this keto gravy paleo.
- Make it Dairy-Free: Use 4 tablespoons of non-dairy butter in place of the regular butter in this recipe.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!