This peanut butter chocolate chia pudding combines two of the best ever flavors for a healthy dessert that needs only 6 ingredients and takes only 5 minutes to prepare. The perfect pairing of chocolate and peanut butter is just delicious with superfood chia seeds, and this quick and easy dessert recipe is naturally vegan and paleo.
I don’t know about you, but busy mornings can often mean that you can skip breakfast or run out the door with not the healthiest option! This pudding is a great option that you can grab from the fridge and get something healthy to start the day!
Why is this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Pudding so good?
- It tastes just like a peanut butter cup!
- It only takes 5 minutes to make.
- Make a large batch and enjoy a healthy breakfast throughout the week.
- It’s vegan, paleo, dairy free, and can easily be made low carb and keto.
How to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Pudding
This delicious chocolate chia pudding couldn’t be any easier to make!
Stir all the ingredients together until totally smooth.
Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Serve with chopped peanuts and shaved chocolate
What does chocolate chia pudding taste like?
Chia seeds themselves do not have any flavor to them, rather they soak up the flavors of the milk and whatever you include in the pudding. This chia pudding tastes exactly like a chocolate peanut butter cup – what a great way to start the day!
Is chocolate chia pudding good for you?
Chia seeds are a great food to incorporate into your diet. They are high in fiber and healthy fats. They contribute to gut health and fight inflammation. The peanut butter in these puddings add protein and unprocessed cocoa powder can lower blood pressure and is high in antioxidants.
How long is chia pudding good for?
Once you have mixes all of the ingredients together, you need to leave it in the fridge for at least four hours. It will then be good to keep covered for four or five days. I love making a batch at the start of the week for easy to grab breakfast every morning.
Dietary variations for this recipe
- You can replace the peanut butter with almond butter
- Use any kind of diary-free milk you have in this chocolate chia pudding. Coconut, almond and soy all work really well.
- Try subbing the maple syrup with a keto sweetener like Lakanto Monkfruit Maple Syrup for a keto and low carb version.
Top tips to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Ensure that all of the ingredients are well mixed before putting in the fridge.
- Let the pudding sit for at least 4 hours to allow it to set.
- Use an unsweetened and unprocessed cocoa powder.
- Use an organic peanut butter with no added salt or sugar.
Be sure to check out these other healthy chia seed recipes!
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chia Pudding
This peanut butter chocolate chia pudding combines two of the best ever flavors for a healthy dessert
Stir all together until totally smooth. Chill at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with chopped peanuts and shaved chocolate