This chicken recipe is so delicious, every bite will make you say “OMG!”. Tender chicken breasts smothered in a tangy mixture of sour cream and parmesan, then topped with buttery Italian breadcrumbs and baked to perfection.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- So, why on earth do we call this “OMG Chicken”? Well… Tender chicken. A cheesy, creamy, tangy sauce. Crispy, buttery, Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs. This dish is so simple but every bite will WOW you!
- It’s totally perfect for busy weeknights, and totally delicious enough to impress your guests. There’s really not much to it – just mix things together, pop everything in a casserole dish, and throw it in the oven!
- Feel free to adjust the “sauce” mixture however you like! Greek yogurt will work in place of the sour cream. Use grated parmesan instead of cheddar and throw in a little extra while you’re at it. Double the whole sauce mixture so you’ve got more than plenty for every single bite of chicken.
- For really crispy breadcrumbs, finish the dish off under the broiler for just a minute or two, just until they start to brown. Be careful not to burn them, though!
Other Mind-Blowingly Delicious Recipes
- Marry Me Chicken (Chicken in a Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce)
- The Best Crockpot Angel Chicken
- Pan-Seared Salmon in a Creamy Red Pepper Parmesan Sauce
- Sweet Onion Bacon Jam
- The Best Filet Mignon Recipe Ever with Garlic Herb Compound Butter (Reverse Sear)
- The Best EVER Gluten-Free Lemon Cake
- 4 large chicken breasts approximately 2-3 pounds
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- chopped fresh parsley optional, for serving
- Baking dish
- Cooking spray
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- 2 small bowls
- 2 whisks
- Meat thermometer
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Lightly grease baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. Trim chicken breasts; if chicken breasts are very thick, slice them in half to create thinner cutlets.
- Lightly season all sides of chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place chicken breasts in greased baking dish, being careful not to stack or overlap if possible.
- In small bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, and shredded parmesan until mixture is well combined. Pour mixture over chicken breasts and spread evenly.
- In second small bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs and melted butter until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Crumble mixture evenly over tops of chicken breasts.
- Place baking dish in preheated oven. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked through. Remove baking dish from oven and serve chicken warm with preferred sides and fresh parsley garnish if desired.
- If the chicken breasts are very thick, they’ll take longer to cook and you’ll risk them drying out. Slicing them in half (like a hamburger bun) will help them stay tender and moist.
- Cook until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Make it Keto: Use crushed pork rinds mixed with Italian seasoning instead of using Italian breadcrumbs.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.