Start your day off right with this best ever egg sandwich! Crispy bacon, a perfectly fried egg, and plenty of cheese sandwiched between two slices of buttered bread. This egg sandwich uses just one skillet, and is ready in under 10 minutes!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It comes together in under 10 minutes! In a few very simple steps you’ll have a complete and delicious breakfast.
- It requires just one skillet! Cook the bacon, fry the egg, and toast the sandwich all in the same skillet. One skillet means easy cooking, and even easier cleanup.
- It’s super easy to customize and make your own! Feel free to swap out the bacon for sausage, and use whatever kind of cheese you’d like. You can even swap out the bread for an english muffin, for a McMuffin dupe!
- Don’t bother oiling your pan before cooking! The rendered bacon fat will provide more than enough oil to cook your bacon, then fry the eggs. I love this breakfast recipe because it’s seriously so simple!
- Have fun with this egg sandwich, add whatever you’d like! Anything from some fresh avocado, a drizzle of hot sauce, or even sliced tomatoes would make delicious additions.
- Cook the eggs to your desired doneness. For a runny yolk, about 5 minutes in a hot skillet should do the trick. But for a fully cooked yolk, flip the eggs after 5 minutes and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Blended Baked Oats
- Breakfast Taco Casserole
- Fully-Loaded Bagel Bar
- Breakfast Pizza with Sausage, Bacon, and Scrambled Eggs
- Air Fryer French Toast
- 1-2 slices bacon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread or 1 English muffin
- 2 slices cheese of choice American, cheddar, provolone, or Colby jack
- Medium skillet
- Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crispy, flipping every couple of minutes. Once bacon is cooked, remove from skillet. Do not drain rendered bacon fat.
- Crack both eggs directly into hot skillet. Leave eggs undisturbed for about 5 minutes or until egg whites are completely cooked and yolk is cooked to your desired doneness. Remove eggs from skillet.
- Spread butter evenly on both slices of bread. Place one slice of bread into hot skillet. Top bread with one slice of cheese, followed by both fried eggs, cooked bacon, remaining slice of cheese, then remaining slice of bread.
- Leave egg sandwich to cook in skillet for about 2 minutes or until bread is golden brown and toasted. Carefully flip sandwich to cook other side. Once both sides are golden brown and cheese has melted, remove sandwich from skillet and serve immediately.
- Make it Vegetarian: Skip the bacon or use a vegan bacon.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use your favorite gluten-free bread.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.