Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
These bacon wrapped hot dogs are fun and full of flavor! This quick and easy method takes a summertime classic to an exciting new level.
What Makes These Hot Dogs So Good
- The positive feedback is unanimous! There wasn’t one person that I made these bacon wrapped hot dogs for that didn’t say, “wow, these are so GOOD!” You take two foods that are delicious on their own, and bring them together for a dish that is truly mind-blowing.
- They’re super easy to make for a crowd. Assemble them ahead of your next summer party or barbecue, then toss them on the grill when guests arrive. Serve these fancy franks with brioche buns and a variety of toppings for a meal everyone will go crazy for!
- No grill? No problem! This recipe includes an oven-baked option that cooks these bacon wrapped hot dogs to crispy perfection.
Hot Dogs – Any kind of hot dog will work in this recipe! I used beef hot dogs, though cheese beef hot dogs would also be delicious. You can even get away with using turkey hot dogs, if you’d like.
Bacon – I recommend avoiding thick-cut bacon for this recipe. Thick-cut is challenging to wrap around these hot dogs, therefore a thinner cut is ideal. And if you’re looking to keep these low-carb and keto-compliant, then be sure to use a sugar-free bacon in this recipe.
- Use toothpicks to secure the bacon in place around each hot dog. I tried this without toothpicks and the ends of the bacon began to unravel while cooking. Therefore, to make your life easier, I highly recommend just two toothpicks per hot dog to keep things in place!
- Partially cook the bacon before wrapping around each hot dog. If the bacon is at all crispy, it can break apart or tear while handled. Just a few minutes in a pan over medium heat is enough time to prepare your bacon for this easy recipe!
- Serve these franks however you’d like! Place in a brioche bun and top with your favorite condiments. Or, enjoy them on their own for a delicious low-carb and keto meal.
Other Delicious Bacon Recipes
- Keto Bacon Chips
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Oven
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 hot dog buns
- fresh chopped red onion for topping
- sauerkraut for topping
- ketchup for topping
- dill pickle relish for topping
- Dijon mustard for topping
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until partially cooked, but not yet crispy.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks if necessary.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs on the Grill
- Grill hot dogs over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Serve hot dogs in buns with whatever toppings you’d like.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs in the Oven
- Place hot dogs on a baking sheet and bake at 450° Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Make it Keto: Enjoy these bacon wrapped hot dogs without the bun and seek out low-carb hot dogs and sugar-free bacon. You’ll want to use low-carb, no-added-sugar hot dogs, too.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment