These bacon wrapped hot dogs are fun and full of flavor! This quick and easy method takes a summertime classic to an exciting new level.
What Makes These Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs So Good
- The positive feedback is unanimous! There wasn’t one person that I made these bacon wrapped hot dogs for that didn’t say, “wow, these are so GOOD!” You take two foods that are delicious on their own, and bring them together for a dish that is truly mind-blowing.
- They’re super easy to make for a crowd. Assemble them ahead of your next summer party or barbecue, then toss them on the grill when guests arrive. Serve these fancy franks with brioche buns and a variety of toppings for a meal everyone will go crazy for!
- No grill? No problem! This recipe includes an oven-baked option that cooks these bacon wrapped hot dogs to crispy perfection.
Key Ingredients for Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
Hot Dogs – Any kind of hot dog will work in this recipe! I used beef hot dogs, though cheese beef hot dogs would also be delicious. You can even get away with using turkey hot dogs, if you’d like.
Bacon – I recommend avoiding thick-cut bacon for this recipe. Thick-cut is challenging to wrap around these hot dogs, therefore a thinner cut is ideal. And if you’re looking to keep these low-carb and keto-compliant, then be sure to use a sugar-free bacon in this recipe.
- Use toothpicks to secure the bacon in place around each hot dog. I tried this without toothpicks and the ends of the bacon began to unravel while cooking. Therefore, to make your life easier, I highly recommend just two toothpicks per hot dog to keep things in place!
- Partially cook the bacon before wrapping around each hot dog. If the bacon is at all crispy, it can break apart or tear while handled. Just a few minutes in a pan over medium heat is enough time to prepare your bacon for this easy recipe!
- Serve these franks however you’d like! Place in a brioche bun and top with your favorite condiments. Or, enjoy them on their own for a delicious low-carb and keto meal.
Other Delicious Bacon Recipes
- Keto Bacon Chips
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Green Beans with Bacon
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- How to Cook Turkey Bacon in the Oven
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 slices bacon
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until partially cooked, but not yet crispy.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks if necessary.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs on the Grill
- Grill hot dogs over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Serve hot dogs in buns with whatever toppings you’d like.
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs in the Oven
- Place hot dogs on a baking sheet and bake at 450° Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- Make it Keto: Enjoy these bacon wrapped hot dogs without the bun and seek out low-carb hot dogs and sugar-free bacon. You’ll want to use low-carb, no-added-sugar hot dogs, too.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!