This apple cider vinegar and honey shot is a tasty, super-powerful elixir that can aid digestion, help with allergies, ward off sickness, rev up metabolism and more. With just a handful of simple ingredients, you’ll love making this apple cider vinegar honey tonic part of your daily wellness routine!
Why This Apple Cider Vinegar Shot With Honey Is So Good!
- A really easy healthy shot to make with just 3 ingredients, but it comes with so many health benefits.
- It boosts your metabolism, can aid digestion and can even help with allergies.
- It actually tastes really good! It’s a great drink to add to your daily routine.
How to Make This Healthy Shot
- Whisk the warm water into the honey until combined. Stir in ACV and cinnamon.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar and cinnamon.
Start with 1 tablespoon of warm water to make it a true “shot.” Add up to 4 tablespoons water to make it less intense, more of an elixir than a shot.
What Are The Ingredients in This Healthy Shot?
- Raw honey: Raw honey is a great source of antioxidants as well as containing antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It can help digestive issues and soothe a soar throat.
- Apple cider vinegar: Lowers blood sugar levels and is proven to help you lose weight. It can kill many types of harmful bacteria and can lower cholesterol and improve heart health.
- Cinnamon: Lowers blood sugar levels and has anti-inflammatory properties. It contains antioxidants and can reduce the risk of heart disease
Why are Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey so Good Together?
Apple cider vinegar and honey drinks have been used as a natural home remedy for many ailments for years. It is a natural healing elixer with antibiotic properties and can help to alkaline your body. Other benefits include:
- Weight loss
- Alleviating seasonal allergies
- Improving heart health
You can read more about these health benefits here.
What is The Best Honey to Use in This Recipe?
It’s best to use raw honey as it’s unprocessed and contains more beneficial nutrients. Regular honey can undergo a variety of different types of processing which can reduce the levels of antioxidants.
Buying local honey can also be more beneficial for you. It contains local pollen which help to reduce seasonal pollen allergies.
Top Tips To Make This Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Shot
- Use warm, not boiling, water when you mix the honey.
- Use apple cider vinegar with ‘the Mother’ for the best health benefits.
- Use raw honey, and local if you can.
- If preferred, you can dilute the taste with a few more tablespoons of water.
- Drink immediately.
For More Healthy Drinks:
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Shot
This apple cider vinegar and honey shot is a tasty, super powerful elixir that can aid digestion, help with allergies, ward off sickness, rev up metabolism and more.
- 1 tablespoon honey preferably raw and local
- 1 tablespoon warm water plus more as desired
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar with “the Mother”
- Dash ground cinnamon
Whisk the warm water into the honey until combined. Stir in ACV and cinnamon.
Stir in the apple cider vinegar and cinnamon.