This creamy, tangy roquefort dressing tastes incredible on virtually any salad! With just a handful of simple ingredients, you’ll have a delicious dressing that tastes better than anything you’d buy at the store.
What Makes This Roquefort Dressing So Good
- It requires just 6 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to make! That’s right, this homemade dressing is the easiest recipe you’ll make all week.
- It’s incredibly versatile! Pour it over a salad, use it as a dip for your favorite fresh veggies, or even slather it on a sandwich. There really is no wrong way to enjoy this roquefort dressing.
- It’s irresistibly creamy, with chunks of roquefort cheese running throughout. Coming across a bit of cheese in this dressing adds a delicious bite and exciting texture!
Key Ingredients for Roquefort Dressing
Roquefort Cheese – Reigning from the blue cheese family, roquefort cheese is sharp and crumbly. If you can’t find roquefort cheese, then feel free to use any similar blue cheese you’d like! I’ve personally made this dressing with gorgonzola cheese and it was equally as delicious.
Buttermilk – Buttermilk adds a bit of tanginess to this roquefort dressing recipe. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can use 1 cup of milk plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar instead. And if you’re wondering what to do with any leftover buttermilk, this roasted strawberry buttermilk ice cream is crazy good!
- Be sure to chill this roquefort dressing for at least 2 hours before serving. I find 6 hours to be the perfect amount of time to allow the flavors to develop. However – the longer it chills, the better it will taste!
- Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 months. This is the perfect make-ahead recipe to enjoy for months to come!
- If you’d prefer a totally creamy dressing, add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. You can even include the roquefort cheese itself to avoid any chunks in your dressing. Though I must say, coming across a roquefort cheese chunk in this dressing is insanely delicious!
Other Delicious Dressing Recipes
- Creamy Italian Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Asian Salad Dressing
- Miso Dressing
- Avocado Salad Dressing
- Small bowl
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Stir in the Roquefort cheese, then cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Roquefort Cheese: You can use any type of blue cheese in this dressing, all will taste great!
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.