This creamy, tangy roquefort dressing tastes incredible on virtually any salad! With just a handful of simple ingredients, you’ll have a delicious dressing that tastes better than anything you’d buy at the store.
What Makes This Roquefort Dressing So Good
- It requires just 6 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to make! That’s right, this homemade dressing is the easiest recipe you’ll make all week.
- It’s incredibly versatile! Pour it over a salad, use it as a dip for your favorite fresh veggies, or even slather it on a sandwich. There really is no wrong way to enjoy this roquefort dressing.
- It’s irresistibly creamy, with chunks of roquefort cheese running throughout. Coming across a bit of cheese in this dressing adds a delicious bite and exciting texture!
Key Ingredients for Roquefort Dressing
Roquefort Cheese – Reigning from the blue cheese family, roquefort cheese is sharp and crumbly. If you can’t find roquefort cheese, then feel free to use any similar blue cheese you’d like! I’ve personally made this dressing with gorgonzola cheese and it was equally as delicious.
Buttermilk – Buttermilk adds a bit of tanginess to this roquefort dressing recipe. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can use 1 cup of milk plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar instead. And if you’re wondering what to do with any leftover buttermilk, this roasted strawberry buttermilk ice cream is crazy good!
- Be sure to chill this roquefort dressing for at least 2 hours before serving. I find 6 hours to be the perfect amount of time to allow the flavors to develop. However – the longer it chills, the better it will taste!
- Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 months. This is the perfect make-ahead recipe to enjoy for months to come!
- If you’d prefer a totally creamy dressing, add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. You can even include the roquefort cheese itself to avoid any chunks in your dressing. Though I must say, coming across a roquefort cheese chunk in this dressing is insanely delicious!
Other Delicious Dressing Recipes
- Creamy Italian Dressing
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Asian Salad Dressing
- Miso Dressing
- Avocado Salad Dressing
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Small bowl
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Stir in the Roquefort cheese, then cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Roquefort Cheese: You can use any type of blue cheese in this dressing, all will taste great!
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!