Chicken stock is extra quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot! In three simple steps you’ll have a wholesome and nutritious homemade chicken stock. Ditch the store-bought kind, and reach for this flavorful and healthy stock recipe instead!
What Makes This Instant Pot Chicken Stock So Good
- The Instant Pot does all the hard work for you! Simply add all ingredients to the pot, secure the lid and set to pressure cook for 45 minutes. Return to perfect, delicious chicken stock every time!
- It makes the perfect addition to any soup, sauce, or other recipe! This homemade chicken stock will take all future meals to the next level. It’s intensely flavorful and irresistibly tasty.
- Cleanup is always a breeze when cooking in the Instant Pot! Once all is said and done, all you’ll have left to do is clean just one pot. Not only is this Instant Pot chicken stock easy to make, but easy to cleanup as well!
Key Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Stock
Chicken Carcass or Chicken Wings – This is the perfect recipe to make when you have either a leftover chicken or turkey carcass lying around. Avoid extra waste by cooking down the bones in this flavorful stock. I almost always turn leftover chicken or turkey bones into a homemade stock, because why not? With a recipe this easy, it’s almost silly not to! Though if you don’t have a chicken carcass, you can use three pounds of whole chicken wings instead.
Bay Leaves – This fragrant leaf is available either fresh or dried at most grocery stores. You should be able to locate them in either the fresh herbs section, or with the dried spices. Bay leaves are a kitchen staple and contribute incredible depth of flavor to soups, broths, and sauces. They’re also super easy to cook with, simply toss them into the pot and let them work their magic. Don’t worry about plucking the leaves out at the end as they’ll get strained apart from the stock in the last step.
- Don’t overthink or overwork this recipe! It’s really so easy, start by adding everything to your Instant Pot. No need to peel or finely chop any of the vegetables. Then, turn the pot on and walk away before returning to fragrant homemade chicken stock!
- Store Instant Pot chicken stock in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. However, you can make it last even longer by freezing it for up to three months!
- Feel free to add any veggies or aromatics you’d like to this basic recipe! A few cloves of garlic, sprigs of fresh herbs, or even a squeeze of lemon juice would make great additions to this tasty stock. Get creative with this recipe and use up any veggies or herbs you have on-hand!
Other Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Shrimp
- Instant Pot Lasagna
- 20 Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Instant Pot Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot
- 1 chicken carcass or 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 celery stalk sliced in half
- 1 large carrot cut into 3 or 4 pieces
- 1 onion unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Add all ingredients to an Instant Pot, then fill with water to the max fill line.
- Set to manual high pressure for 45 minutes, then manually release pressure before removing lid.
- Strain stock through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl. Let cool before transferring to airtight containers to store.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!