Chicken stock is extra quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot! In three simple steps you’ll have a wholesome and nutritious homemade chicken stock. Ditch the store-bought kind, and reach for this flavorful and healthy stock recipe instead!
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- The Instant Pot does all the hard work for you! Simply add all ingredients to the pot, secure the lid and set to pressure cook for 45 minutes. Return to perfect, delicious chicken stock every time!
- It makes the perfect addition to any soup, sauce, or other recipe! This homemade chicken stock will take all future meals to the next level. It’s intensely flavorful and irresistibly tasty.
- Cleanup is always a breeze when cooking in the Instant Pot! Once all is said and done, all you’ll have left to do is clean just one pot. Not only is this Instant Pot chicken stock easy to make, but easy to cleanup as well!
Chicken Carcass or Chicken Wings – This is the perfect recipe to make when you have either a leftover chicken or turkey carcass lying around. Avoid extra waste by cooking down the bones in this flavorful stock. I almost always turn leftover chicken or turkey bones into a homemade stock, because why not? With a recipe this easy, it’s almost silly not to! Though if you don’t have a chicken carcass, you can use three pounds of whole chicken wings instead.
Bay Leaves – This fragrant leaf is available either fresh or dried at most grocery stores. You should be able to locate them in either the fresh herbs section, or with the dried spices. Bay leaves are a kitchen staple and contribute incredible depth of flavor to soups, broths, and sauces. They’re also super easy to cook with, simply toss them into the pot and let them work their magic. Don’t worry about plucking the leaves out at the end as they’ll get strained apart from the stock in the last step.
- Don’t overthink or overwork this recipe! It’s really so easy, start by adding everything to your Instant Pot. No need to peel or finely chop any of the vegetables. Then, turn the pot on and walk away before returning to fragrant homemade chicken stock!
- Store Instant Pot chicken stock in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. However, you can make it last even longer by freezing it for up to three months!
- Feel free to add any veggies or aromatics you’d like to this basic recipe! A few cloves of garlic, sprigs of fresh herbs, or even a squeeze of lemon juice would make great additions to this tasty stock. Get creative with this recipe and use up any veggies or herbs you have on-hand!
Other Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Shrimp
- Instant Pot Lasagna
- 20 Keto Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 chicken carcass or 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 celery stalk sliced in half
- 1 large carrot cut into 3 or 4 pieces
- 1 onion unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Instant Pot
- Add all ingredients to an Instant Pot, then fill with water to the max fill line.
- Set to manual high pressure for 45 minutes, then manually release pressure before removing lid.
- Strain stock through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl. Let cool before transferring to airtight containers to store.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.