Making artichokes in the Instant Pot is the easiest way to steam this veggie! Set it and forget it, and they’re done in about 20 minutes. No more scorched pans or overcooked artichokes plus a super quick and easy garlic lemon infusion. Served with a classic dipping sauce.
Why cooking artichokes in an Instant Pot is the best!
- Artichokes may appear tricky to prepare and cook, but when you use a pressure cooker, it couldn’t be easier!
- No watching for pans boiling dry – put everything in the instant pot and forget about it!
- Once you have prepped the artichokes, the cooking method is completely hands free.
How to Cook Artichokes In The Instant Pot – Step by Step
- Cut the stalks off of the artichokes and slice off the top. Trim any pointed leaves with scissors.
- Put the water, lemon, and garlic in the instant pot.
- Place the trivet on top and then place the artichokes face up.
- Cook on high pressure 12 minutes or 13-14 minutes for large artichokes.
- Quick release.
- Serve with melted butter mixed with a little mayo
When are artichokes in season?
Most artichokes bought in the US are from California, and they are harvested from March through to June every year. You will often be able to find them in stores outside of these months though, so you can make these Instant Pot artichokes all year round!
What are the benefits of eating artichokes?
Artichokes are an especially healthy vegetable and they are great to incorporate into a heathy diet. They are loaded with nutrients and can help to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar. It can also improve your digestive and liver health.
What to serve with Instant Pot Artichokes
I served these artichokes with a simple dip of melted butter and mayonnaise. It’s how I grew up eating artichokes, and it’s super easy, quick, and crazy delicious!
You can also serve steamed Instant Pot artichokes with melted butter, aioli, mayo, or any other sauce you might like. Be sure to check out this recipe for more artichoke dipping sauce ideas!
How do you prepare artichokes to steam in the Instant Pot?
Follow these instructions to prepare your artichoke:
- Rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Cut the stalk off with a sharp knife.
- With kitchen scissors, cut off the sharp tips from the outer leaves
- With a sharp knife, cut off the top inch of the artichoke.
- Rub the artichoke with a lemon to keep it turning brown.
Top Tips to Make Instant Pot Artichokes
- Pick an artichoke that feels heavy for its size. Props if I catch you in the grocery store tossing artichokes up and down in both hands to see which is heavier!
- Choose an artichoke that has tightly packed leaves. A few brown spots are ok.
- Rub the trimmed parts of the artichoke with lemon to stop it oxidizing.
- Serve immediately.
Be sure to check out the other easy Instant Pot recipes!
- How to Boil Artichokes + 3 Healthy Dipping Sauces
- Creamy Tomato Artichoke Chicken
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Healthy Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Artichokes
- Paleo Spinach Artichoke Dip
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make these Instant Pot artichokes, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Instant Pot Artichokes
Making artichokes in the Instant Pot is the easiest way to steam this veggie! Set it and forget it, and they're done in about 20 minutes.
- 2 medium artichokes
- 2 slices lemon
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 cups water
Cut the stalks off of the artichokes and slice an inch off the top. Trim any pointed leaves with scissors and rub with lemon.
Put the water, lemon, and garlic in the instant pot.
Place the trivet on top and then place the artichokes face up.
Cook on high pressure 12 minutes or 13-14 minutes for large artichokes.
Serve with a simple dip of melted butter and mayonnaise.