Making artichokes in the Instant Pot is the easiest way to steam this veggie! Set it and forget it, and they’re done in about 20 minutes. No more scorched pans or overcooked artichokes plus a super quick and easy garlic lemon infusion. Served with a classic dipping sauce.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Artichokes may appear tricky to prepare and cook, but when you use a pressure cooker, it couldn’t be easier!
- No watching for pans boiling dry – put everything in the instant pot and forget about it!
- Once you have prepped the artichokes, the cooking method is completely hands free.
When Are Artichokes in Season?
Most artichokes bought in the US are from California, and they are harvested from March through to June every year. You will often be able to find them in stores outside of these months though, so you can make these Instant Pot artichokes all year round!
Artichokes are an especially healthy vegetable and they are great to incorporate into a heathy diet. They are loaded with nutrients and can help to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar. It can also improve your digestive and liver health.
I served these artichokes with a simple dip of melted butter and mayonnaise. It’s how I grew up eating artichokes, and it’s super easy, quick, and crazy delicious!
You can also serve steamed Instant Pot artichokes with melted butter, aioli, mayo, or any other sauce you might like. Be sure to check out this recipe for more artichoke dipping sauce ideas!
- Older artichokes will feel lighter than fresh artichokes, so pick one that feels heavy for its size. Props if I catch you in the grocery store tossing artichokes up and down in both hands to see which is heavier! The size of your artichokes will affect your cook times, so keep that in mind!
- Choose an artichoke that has tightly packed, deep green leaves. A few brown spots are ok, but steer clear of any artichokes that have soft brown spots.
- Step 1 of the instructions mentions rubbing the artichokes with lemon slices before putting them in the Instant Pot. The lemon will keep the artichoke from oxidizing, a.k.a. turning brown.
Other Delicious Artichoke Recipes You’ll Love
- How to Boil Artichokes + 3 Healthy Dipping Sauces
- Creamy Tomato Artichoke Chicken
- Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Healthy Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Artichokes
- Paleo Spinach Artichoke Dip
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make these Instant Pot artichokes, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- 2 medium artichokes whole
- 2 slices lemon
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 cups cold water
- Sharp knife
- Kitchen scissors
- Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- Rinse artichokes under cold water, then pat completely dry. Remove any small artichoke petals from base. Using a sharp knife, cut away stem, then cut off top 1" of artichoke. Using scissors, trim thorn tips off all petals. Rub lemon slices all over outside of artichoke.
- Add lemon slices from step 1, garlic, and water to Instant Pot. Insert trivet, then stand artichokes upright in Instant Pot.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes (for small to medium sized artichokes) or 14 minutes (for large artichokes).
- When time is up, Quick Release pressure and carefully remove lid. Remove hot artichokes from Instant Pot using tongs.
- Serve with a simple dip of melted butter and mayonnaise. (Optional)
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.