Beef Tips And Gravy
So incredibly delicious and easy to make, this beef tips and gravy recipe is rich and comforting. All cooked in one pot, the beef is tender and simmered in flavorful gravy. Serve over potatoes, rice, or pasta for a delicious meal everyone will love.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Beef tips and gravy is ridiculously easy to make! It’s an impressive meal made from scratch with very simple ingredients. And it’s ready to eat in about a half an hour. The whole meal is cooked in one-pot, hello easy clean-up!
- This recipe is packed with incredible flavor! The ultimate comfort food, the beef is tender, the gravy is rich and the combo is simply irresistible. Serve it over mashed potatoes, simple rice, noodles or even cauliflower rice for a lower carb meal.
- It’s such a great quick weeknight meal, but also an amazing meal to serve at a dinner party! And it’s budget friendly! You can whip up this delicious recipe very quickly on a busy evening. Everyone will love it and ask for seconds.
- Beef tips are a tender cut of beef, usually either tenderloin or sirloin. If you buy a tougher cut such at chuck roast, it won’t have enough time to get as tender as you want it to be. Chuck is great for the slow cooker, but for this recipe stick to sirloin.
- If you wanted to add mushrooms to your beef tips and gravy, go for it! It’ll work great and add a veggie serving. Add the mushrooms at the same time as the chopped onion, and cook them down for a few minutes before adding the remaining gravy ingredients as directed in the recipe.
- Beef tips and gravy will store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days. It’s also a great meal to freeze for up to 3 months. Just make sure it’s cooked all the way, and fully cooled down before adding it to a freezer-safe container, and then the freezer.
Check Out These Other Delicious Dinners
- Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo With Grilled Chicken
- Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice and Vegetables
- Marry Me Chicken (Chicken in a Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce)
- Cheesy Shrimp Enchiladas
- Keto Smothered Pork Chops
Beef Tips And Gravy
For the Beef Tips
- 2 pounds cubed beef
- salt more or less to taste
- freshly ground pepper more or less to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons oil neutral such as avocado oil
For the Gravy
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Large bowl
- Large pot
- Small bowl
- Season cubed beef with generous pinch of salt and freshly black pepper, then add to large bowl, and toss meat in flour to evenly coat each cube.
- Add oil to large pot and heat over medium-high heat. Add beef tips in single layer and brown for about 30 seconds on each side,, then remove from pot. Work in multiple batches if you can't fit all beef tips at once.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add chopped onion to pot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened. Then, add in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to pot with onion.
- In small bowl, whisk together beef broth and cornstarch until fully combined, then pour mixture into pot. Stir well, then add seared beef tips back to pot.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until gravy has thickened and beef tips are cooked thru.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment