Cutting a pineapple can seem intimidating with that tough skin and spikes! With these easy steps, you can cut a pineapple perfectly every time, making adding this fresh, juicy fruit to your life a snap!
1. Cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple.
2. Stand the pineapple up on its now-flat bottom. Cut the skin off in strips.
3. Cut down the pineapple to the side of the circular core. Repeat on the other side.
4. Take one of the core-less sides of the pineapple you just cut, and lay it flat.
5. Make 3 vertical slices down this piece, cutting it into 3 long strips.
6. Rotate the long slices of pineapple you just cut 90º and cut into 3/4 inch sized cubes. Repeat steps #5 and #6 with the other core-less slice.
7. Cut the thin slices off the sides of the core.
8. Cut those slices into 3/4″ sized cubes. Discard the tough core.
Make sure you use a large, sharp knife. A sharp knife will cut much more easily through the tough skin and flesh, which means it’s less likely to slip and cut your hand.
With a knife with a dull blade, you are more likely to use the point to cut and use more pressure, both of which makes for easy slippage (and cutting things you don’t want to!)
A sharp knife also means it takes a shorter amount of time to cut through the pineapple.