Curry Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins
Quick and easy curry chicken salad is full of delicious flavors, from the rich curry powder to the crisp apples to the tangy lime juice. Ready to eat in just 15 minutes, this is a perfect lunch, dinner, or potluck recipe that you can easily make in advance.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s the perfect addition to weekly meal prep! This curry chicken salad gets better with time and will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 4 days. It’s a great quick and easy grab-and-go lunch or snack.
- It’s loaded with fresh ingredients and tons of flavor! Green apple, celery, scallions, and raisins taste incredibly fresh in this mayo-based salad. An entire tablespoon of curry powder is mixed in for loads of spice and flavor.
- It comes together in two simple steps! This healthy salad recipe is totally foolproof. Simply chop the ingredients, then mix them all together – that’s it!
- This curry chicken salad gets better with time! I recommend leaving it covered in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This’ll give it enough time for the flavors to develop.
- Serve this easy lunch recipe however you’d like! Between two slices of bread makes for a delicious chicken salad sandwich. I also love filling lettuce wraps with this salad for a super healthy and low-carb meal.
- Once done, give this curry chicken salad a taste and adjust any seasonings you’d like. I always add a little bit more lime juice to mine for extra tanginess. Also, you may prefer just a touch more salt, as well as some black pepper.
Other Chicken Recipes You Should Try
- Oven-Baked Celebration Chicken
- Marry Me Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Chicken Vesuvio
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
Curry Chicken Salad
- ¾ cup mayonnaise up to 1 cup for desired consistency
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 ½ pounds chicken cooked, shredded or chopped
- 1 medium green apple chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 cup roasted cashews roughly chopped
- Large bowl
- Whisk together mayonnaise, curry powder, lime juice, and salt in large bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Add in chicken, green apple, celery, scallops, raisins, and cashews. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- After mixing, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I always add a little bit more lime juice for extra tanginess. You may prefer just a touch more salt, as well as some black pepper.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Leave a Comment