This creamy tomato artichoke chicken is absolutely delicious. Whole30, paleo, and dairy-free, the recipe is simple but big on flavor and so dang good! Made with only 7 ingredients, this creamy tomato artichoke chicken is a fantastic paleo or Whole30 dinner, but everyone would love it!
Two words for you: ob-sessed.
Er, wait. That’s not two words.
Well, that doesn’t make sense.
Ignore me; I’m just a little teensy bit excited. Why? Because this recipe is about to be in your weekly rotation forever. For the rest of your life, for better or worse, ’til death do you part! It’s that good. Maybe better than your spouse. Especially when s/he who shall remain nameless insists upon leaving their boxes on the living room couches for no apparent reason…
I choose you, creamy tomato artichoke chicken. I choose you again and again.
So here’s the deal: I can’t even explain how good this dish is without getting hyperbolic. The way the ingredients blend together is simply perfect: creamy and rich but bright and so satisfying. It’s a simple recipe but so beautifully balanced. With only 7 ingredients, all you need is a simple side and you’re set! It’s company-worthy but easy enough to make for your fam on a Tuesday night.
Oh and hey – perfect for fall when you need something a bit richer but not too, too heavy.
This creamy tomato artichoke chicken is Whole30, paleo, and dairy free. Make it. You’ll love it.
Creamy Tomato Artichoke Chicken (Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free)
This creamy tomato artichoke chicken is absolutely delicious. Whole30, paleo, and dairy free, the recipe is simple but big on flavor and so dang good! Made with only 7 ingredients, this creamy tomato artichoke chicken is a fantastic paleo or Whole30 dinner, but everyone would love it!
- 4 tsp. avocado oil divided
- 4 evenly sized chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. dried basil divided
- 2 tsp. salt divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14.5-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts drained
- 1/2 cup coconut cream just the solid white part of a can of coconut milk or cream
- fresh parsley or basil chopped, for garnish
- Heat 2 tsp. avocado oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. dried basil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Season both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning mixture.
- Transfer chicken breasts to skillet and cook without moving, about 8 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown and releases easily. Flip and cook about 3 more minutes or until cooked through. Internal temperature should be about 161-162º F. Transfer cooked chicken breasts to a plate.
- Let skillet rest a couple minutes then return to stove. Heat 2 tsp. avocado oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine well and incorporate coconut cream. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or basil, if desired.