This boiled cabbage turns a humble side into something you’ll crave! Buttery and savory, this side dish is easy, quick, and super cheap to make. Delicious with corned beef, kielbasa, roast chicken, or really any comforting main course, and easy to make paleo or vegan, too.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- This easy and quick recipe is the perfect way to make tender, buttery, absolutely delicious cabbage. It’s perfect for adding to other dishes or eating as a side.
- Made in under 20 minutes with only 5 easy ingredients, this boiled cabbage is perfect for weeknights or when you need to add bulk to your meal without more expensive options.
How To Make Boiled Cabbage
The full recipe & ingredients list are below, but here you’ll find a quick overview for making this recipe perfectly, along with useful tips and info!
Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage and cut into wedges. Add to a large pot and add chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
Cover and simmer, then remove the lid and flip over the cabbage. Add the butter and replace the lid. Cook until the stem is easily pierced with a fork.
Top Tips For Making
- To make this boiled cabbage paleo or Whole30, use ghee instead of butter.
- For a vegan version, use vegan butter and vegetable stock.
More Veggie Recipes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- Remove outer leaves. Cut cabbage into 6 wedges, leaving root intact.
- Place cabbage in large pot over high heat and add chicken stock, salt, and lots of pepper. Cover and simmer 6 minutes, then remove lid and flip cabbage.
- Add butter. Replace lid and cook 6 minutes or until stem is easily pierced with fork.
- Paleo or Whole30: Substitute butter with ghee, 1:1
- Vegan: Use vegan butter and vegetable stock instead of butter and chicken stock, 1:1