This blueberry jam is perfectly sweet! Blueberries, sugar, and a little lemon juice is all you need to make this delicious homemade recipe. Enjoy this jam on toast or biscuits for a sweet breakfast treat. There’s no better way to kick off these warmer months than with this easy blueberry jam.
What Makes This Blueberry Jam Recipe So Good
- It requires just three ingredients! Blueberries, sugar, and lemon juice is all you’ll need to make your own blueberry jam. There’s no need to buy jam from the store when it’s this easy to make at home.
- The blueberries can be easily swapped with a berry of your choice. Strawberries more your style? Simply trade 6 cups of strawberries for the blueberries and enjoy a delicious strawberry jam – yum!
- It’s so good, you’ll want to savor it, which you can! This blueberry jam will stay good in your fridge for up to one month. So take your time with it, and enjoy a little bit everyday.
Key Ingredients for Blueberry Jam
Blueberries – Six cups of juicy, fresh blueberries are the star of this show. Though if you’re not much of a blueberry fan, you can easily swap out six cups of your favorite berry instead! I love blueberries for how easy they are to use in this recipe. Simply rinse and add them to your pot with the other ingredients – no chopping or peeling necessary.
Sugar – White sugar or cane sugar work best in this recipe! To make this keto, use one cup of granular Swerve instead. Or to make this paleo, use one cup of coconut sugar instead.
Lemon Juice – Just a touch of acidity balances out the sweetness of this jam. The lemon juice also does a perfect job of bringing out that slightly tart blueberry flavor. Though if you don’t have lemon juice, you can leave it out.
- Be patient when cooking down your blueberries to make jam. It will take the full 30 minutes to simmer to the correct consistency. Whatever you do, do not try to speed things up by increasing the temperature of your stove. Cooking at too high of a temperature will cause your sugar to burn and your jam to go bad.
- Play around with the amount of sugar you use, based on how sweet your berries are. If your blueberries are super tart, then consider adding 1/2 cup more sugar. On the other end of things, if your berries are super sweet, then you can cut the sugar amount in half!
- You can easily double or triple this blueberry jam recipe. If for whatever reason, a massive crate of blueberries end up in your lap (please share!), then go ahead and use them all in this recipe. I love making extra blueberry jam and handing jars out to friends and family. Everyone loves this homemade jam!
More Delicious Blueberry Recipes
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Pie
- Blueberry Muffin Smoothie Bowl
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
- medium saucepan
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice optional
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat, stir constantly and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes or until jam has reduced and thickened.
- Remove from the heat, cool, and store in airtight jars in the fridge for up to one month.
- Make it Keto: Use 1 cup of granular Swerve in place of the sugar.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out 40 Aprons Premium! 40 Aprons Premium offers exclusive recipes, monthly meal plans, grocery lists, and more – all completely ad free!
Hi! I’m Sam, a travel, food and fitness enthusiast from the New York metro area. I love creating new and inventive recipes, and my favorite part is sharing them with others. My love of food goes all the way back to my early childhood, I grew up cooking alongside my mom and Nonna – the two best cooks I know! When I’m not in the kitchen, I’m either planning my next vacation, spending time outdoors (preferably on a beach), or bingeing Netflix’s latest docu-series. My passion for eating and living well led me to create the blog and Instagram account, Sam Does Her Best, where I health-ify my favorite comfort foods. I’m a big believer that good-for-you food can still be exploding with flavor and (most importantly) easy to make. I’m thrilled to be here at 40 Aprons doing what I do best – creating, photographing, and sharing delicious recipes with you all!