This Whole30 Instant Pot turkey breast with gravy is quick, so delicious, and totally Whole30 compliant. Brined with a garlic-herb butter under the skin, this Whole30 turkey breast and the gravy are both made in the Instant Pot, making Thanksgiving easier! You’ll love this Whole30 Instant Pot turkey breast and gravy, because the meat is so tender, and the gravy is so easy. Perfect for any Whole30 Thanksgiving or paleo Thanksgiving table. Click here to buy an Instant Pot (it’s life-changing!) [affiliate link].
It’s always the same with me:
Smoothie bowls? Wtf, why? I’m good.
Six months later:
Oh, OK, yeah, this makes a lot of sense. Dammit!
Avocado toast? How about just keep the avocados on freaking chips where they belong.
Six months later:
Oh, well, yeah, this is delicious. OK.
And the same goes for the Instant Pot, of course. Why would I add yet another gadget to my kitchen? It’ll just overcook everything and make it soupy and weird. And y’all are like a damn cult with this EyePee stuff. Hard pass.
And now? I’m seriously counting down the days until my Paleo Instant Pot cookbook comes out, complete with 30 Whole30-compliant recipes (meaning no sugar at all, no alcohol, and no paleo-ified treats or breads!) to make eating clean that much easier.
And if you haven’t noticed lately, I make a ton in the Instant Pot. From my Instant Pot Whole30 cranberry sauce with apples and rosemary to my Whole30 Instant Pot mashed potatoes with garlic and herbs, even my Instant Pot caramel sauce, the Instant Pot is my happy place.
I really think you should get one on an inevitable Black Friday sale, if you’re not already so lucky to have one.
So, thinking of how to keep the holidays less stressful, more fun, and generally just easier, a Whole30 Instant Pot turkey breast with gravy was so logical. But I won’t lie to you: I kept it simple. I took my amazing brined turkey breast with a garlic-herb butter stuffed under the skin and made it into an Instant Pot-friendly recipe. The result?
Super moist and tender turkey with a rich gravy made quickly and easily. And hey! The gravy is made in the Instant Pot while the turkey cooks, infusing it with that garlic-herb butter, turkey juices, and making last-minute gravy while everyone sits at their place setting, waiting to eat, trying desperately to avoid talking about religion and politics (and probably doing a very poor job of it) a thing of the past.
What, just my family? Oh… OK.
How to make Whole30 Instant Pot turkey breast and gravy:
To make this Whole30 Instant Pot turkey breast and gravy, I used…
Whole30 Instant Pot Turkey Breast and Gravy (Paleo)
This Whole30 Instant Pot turkey breast and gravy is quick, so delicious, and totally Whole30 compliant. Brined with a garlic-herb butter under the skin, this Whole30 turkey breast and the gravy are both made in the Instant Pot, making Thanksgiving easier! You'll love this Whole30 Instant Pot turkey breast and gravy, because the meat is so tender, and the gravy is so easy. Perfect for any Whole30 Thanksgiving or paleo Thanksgiving table.
- 9 cups water
- 1/2 cup salt
- few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- Make the brine: Stir together all ingredients until salt is totally dissolved. Pour brine into large food storage container or Ziploc bag and place turkey breast in brine. Seal completely and refrigerate about 4-8 hours, up to 12.
- Drain brine and let turkey breast dry until very dry or pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix 3 tablespoons ghee, garlic, and thyme in food processor. Keep the elastic wrap on your turkey breast. Carefully, using your fingers, peel the skin away from the chicken breast and rub the butter mixture under the skin. You can also stick a spoon with ghee on it under the skin, then use your fingers outside the skin to hold the ghee down for you to remove the spoon. Rub the outside of the skin with 1 tablespoon ghee and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn Instant Pot on Sauté mode. When hot, add 1 tablespoon ghee and sauté onions and garlic, stirring constantly, until slightly softened. Add cauliflower and chicken broth and stir. Place turkey breast on top of onion-cauliflower mixture, and put lid on Instant Pot, making sure valve is in Sealing position.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure mode for 28 minutes. Then let naturally release for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove turkey breast carefully and cut elastic wrap off. If desired, preheat broiler and broil turkey for a few minutes to brown skin.
- Make the gravy: use an immersion blender, or transfer remaining mixture in Instant Pot cooking pot to regular blend, and process until completely smooth. Return to Instant Pot pot and cook on Sauté mode on Normal heat.
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons arrowroot powder and 1-2 tablespoons water. Whisk until completely smooth, then add this arrowroot slurry to gravy in Instant Pot. Whisk vigorously to incorporate and let simmer until thickened to desired texture. Add coconut aminos for color and saltiness, but be careful: it's naturally sweet, so don't use too much. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste.
- Slice turkey breast and serve with gravy and my Whole30 Instant Pot mashed potatoes.
If you're not on a Whole30 and need to make this recipe entirely dairy-free (not just lactose-free), substitute a dairy-free margarine for the ghee. Butter would also be amazing here, if you eat it and aren't on a Whole30.
You’ll also like…