Briny brisket all seasoned up, then shredded to crispy perfection. Nuzzled up to some spiced cauliflower rice, shredded lettuce and avocado. Yes, that sounds like an epic meal to me! Now, what if I told you this recipe was an Instant Pot Recipe and Whole30 compliant? Dreamy, I know!
Oh, my! Don’t these Whole30 Brisket Taco Bowls look amazing? I am a huge fan of Cristina and her blog The Castaway Kitchen. She’s one of the best resources for Keto, Paleo and Whole30 recipes out there and proves that food can be healing and taste great at the same time! So happy to have her as a guest and again, look at these brisket taco bowls with that gorgeous golden cauliflower rice! I’m already obsessed! – Cheryl
This brisket is marinated in a mix of seed and berry spices with a hit of beet root for some epic coloring. Cooked under pressure for 50 minutes then shredded and broiled alongside some seasoned cauliflower rice. All of the components then meet in a bowl and boom! You have to perfect, paleo taco bowls. Colorful, fresh, flavorful and squeaky clean.
The recipe is nut and nightshade free, easily made AIP compliant. I’m all about taking delicious low carb paleo recipes and putting my extra anti-inflammatory touch on them! For more creative recipes head to TheCastawayKitchen.com
Instant Pot Brisket Taco Bowls
- 1 heart of romaine shredded or sliced
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- 1 ripe hass avocado peeled and sliced
- 2 green onion sliced thin
- Combine the brisket seasonings and rub into the meat. Add the beetroot and vinegar. Toss and set to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes (or overnight).
- When ready to cook, heat the pressure cooker on sauté mode. When hot, add the brisket, fatty side down and sear for 2 minutes, then flip and sear the other side.
- Cancel the sauce function. Add in the bone broth, then enough water to submerge the brisket. Pour in any leftover marinade. Set to pressure cook on high for 50 minutes.
- Release the pressure manually. Remove the brisket from the pressure cooker and set it on a sheet pan. Shred with two forks.
- Place the oven rack right under the broiler. Heat the broiler at 500F.
- Spread the brisket out over half of the sheet pan and spoon a little liquid from the pressure cooker over it.
On the other half of the sheet pan toss the cauliflower rice with avocado oil and seasoning and spread out flat on the sheet pan.
- Broil everything for 5-10 minutes, until desired crispiness.
- To make your bowls, distribute the cauliflower rice and brisket. Add shredded lettuce, avocado, cilantro and green onion.
- Drizzle everything with a little avocado oil and a sprinkle of salt.