Absolutely delicious, full of flavor, tender, and moist, these Greek chicken meatballs are easy to make and packed with fresh Mediterranean flavors! Perfect to serve as a bowl over rice, with fresh veggies, and hummus or tzatziki, they’re equally delicious swaddled in a soft pita. We love these for meal prep, too!
🍗 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Greek chicken meatballs are delicious and packed full of flavor…literally! Tender ground chicken, crumbly Feta cheese, greek seasoning, minced onion and garlic are combined and packed together. Every bite is full of delicious Mediterranean flavors!
- They’re quick and easy to make! Once you’ve mixed and formed the meatballs, there’s only 4 minutes of cook time on the stovetop. As soon as they turn golden brown on both sides, they’re ready to be added into any dish!
- These greek chicken meatballs are totally versatile! Add into a bowl over rice, with your favorite toppings like delicious veggies, hummus, or tzatziki. More of a sandwich person? Add them into a soft pita pocket for a delicious Mediterranean sandwich. They’re great for meal prep, as well. Make a batch of meatballs at the start of the week, and you’ll have tasty lunches ready to go for the remainder of the week!
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- Make sure to cook your meatballs until just perfectly golden. If you’re unsure if they’re fully cooked through, use a meat thermometer. The temperature for fully cooked meatballs is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Greek chicken meatballs are totally customizable! If you don’t have ground chicken on hand, you can use ground turkey or ground beef. To make them dairy free, just omit the feta cheese crumbles. They’ll taste just as delicious!
🐔 More Delicious Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo
- Creamy Garlic Chicken
- Gluten Free Chicken Pot Pie
- 125 Easy Chicken Recipes for Dinners with Few Ingredients
- Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles
- Chicken Velvet Soup
- Crispy Chicken Fritta
For the Greek Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup minced white onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt more or less to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons neutral oil olive oil, avocado oil, etc.
- large mixing bowl
- Large wooden spoon
- Cookie scoop with release handle
- 2 Large plates
- Large cast-iron skillet
- Paper towels
- Add 1 pound ground chicken, ¼ cup minced white onion, 3 cloves garlic, 1 large egg, ½ cup finely crumbled feta cheese, 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, and ½ teaspoon sea salt to large mixing bowl. Stir ingredients together with large wooden spoon until ingredients are fully combined and well-blended.
- Use cookie scoop to portion ground chicken mixture into meatballs of desired size. Quickly roll each meatball between palms of hands to shape into smooth, round ball, then place meatball on large plate and set aside.
- Repeat process with remaining ground chicken mixture until entire mixture has been formed into meatballs. Note: Mixture will yield approximately 14 to 20 meatballs depending on size of cookie scoop.
- Heat large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. When pan is warm, add 1-2 tablespoons neutral oil to skillet, just enough to coat bottom of skillet in thin layer of oil. Continue heating skillet until oil is hot and shimmering. Note: While skillet warms up, line remaining plate with paper towels and set aside.
- When oil is hot, place meatballs in skillet, working in batches as needed to avoid overcrowding pan. Sauté meatballs 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on bottom, then flip meatballs over. Sauté meatballs on other side 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Once meatballs are golden brown on both sides, and internal temperature of meatballs reaches 160° Fahrenheit, remove meatballs from skillet and transfer to plate lined with paper towels. Let meatballs rest 5 minutes.
- Repeat process with any remaining meatballs until all meatballs have been cooked through, letting each batch rest on paper towels 5 minutes.
- Once all meatballs have been cooked and rested, transfer meatballs to serving bowls or plates. Pair meatballs with hummus, tzatziki, chopped fresh dill, diced cucumber, halved grape tomatoes, lemon rice, and/or lemon wedges as desired and serve immediately.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.