Whole30 Steak Salad Steakhouse-Style (Paleo)
This Whole30 steak salad (steakhouse style!) is full of protein and flavor, with cooling ranch and crispy lettuce. It'll become one of your favorite paleo salads even after you're done with the Whole30!
Servings 4 salads
For the Steak
- 1 12-ounce sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons compliant Cajun seasoning use less to taste if desired, see Notes
- 2 tablespoons ghee
For the Salad
- 1 small head romaine lettuce washed and sliced into approximately 1½" slices
- 1 roma tomato diced
- ⅓ cup diced cucumber
- 8 eggs soft- or hard-boiled
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 2 whole avocados peeled and sliced
- ½ cup compliant ranch dressing see Notes
Season your steak very liberally with Cajun seasoning on both sides, about 1-2 tablespoon per side.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes, or until very hot. Add ghee and then add your steaks. Let cook, without touching or moving, 90 seconds. Flip and cook another 90 seconds.
Remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, assemble your salads. Slice steaks after resting and lay on top of assembled salads.
Recipe yields approximately 2 very large salads or 4 smaller salads. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving, out of 4, using ingredients listed. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 4. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Cajun Seasoning: Make sure to use a Whole30-compliant Cajun seasoning, without any added sugars. You can purchase a store-bought compliant seasoning or easily make your own.
- Ranch Dressing: My Whole30-compliant homemade dump ranch dressing is perfect for this salad. You can use a store-bought dressing if you prefer and can find one, but make sure it's totally compliant.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 557kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 418mg | Sodium: 486mg | Potassium: 998mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 17017IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 7mg | Net Carbs: 4g