Whole30 Steak Salad Steakhouse-Style (Paleo)
This Whole30 steak salad (steakhouse style!) is full of protein and flavor, with cooling ranch and crispy lettuce. It'll become one of your favorite paleo salads even after you're done with the Whole30!
Servings 4 people
- 12 ounces sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp Plenty of compliant Cajun seasoning (I make this recipe), about 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 whole small head romaine lettuce , washed and sliced into about 1 1/2" slices
- 1 Roma tomato , diced
- 1/3 cup cucumber , diced
- 8 eggs , soft- or hard-boiled
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 2 whole ripe avocados , peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing , using my Whole30 ranch dressing recipe
Season your steak very liberally with Cajun seasoning on both sides, about 1-2 tablespoon per side.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for a few minutes, or until very hot. Add ghee and then add your steaks. Let cook, without touching or moving, 90 seconds. Flip and cook another 90 seconds.
Remove from pan and let rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, assemble your salads. Slice steaks after resting and lay on top of assembled salads. .
Serving: 4g | Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 513mg | Potassium: 401mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1046IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 3g