This easy homemade gluten free chicken noodle soup is the answer to homemade chicken noodle soup when you're sick! It's so easy to make and tastes like you simmered it all day, thanks to the Instant Pot. You can also cook it on the stove top or in the slow cooker.
To make this soup on the stovetop:
- Place a large pot on stove over medium heat and and 1 Tbsp. oil . Add onions and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, carrots, and celery, and sauté for 1-2 more minutes, or until garlic is fragrant and celery is beginning to soften.
- Place whole chicken on top of vegetables, then pour in water, bay leaves, peppercorns, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Bring to boil and let simmer about 45 minutes to an hour or until cooked through and tender. You can also use 4 chicken thighs for a quicker soup; they will only take about 40 minutes to boil.
- Carefully transfer chicken to a large cutting board, keeping an eye on any liquid from the cavity if using a whole chicken. It will be very hot!
- Add gluten-free pasta to pot.
- While pasta cooks, with two forks, shred chicken off the bone. When pasta is tender, return chicken pieces to soup, discarding bones. Stir in fresh parsley and fresh lemon juice. Add more salt or pepper to taste. Serve.