The Chipotle Guacamole (Copycat Recipe)
Tested and perfected side-by-side with Chipotle's famous guacamole, this copycat guac recipe delivers all the burrito bar flavors you love, without the upcharge.
Servings 4 servings
potato masher or fork
- 3 large avocados halved, pit removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeños
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice juice from 1-2 large limes
- ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
Scoop flesh of avocados into medium bowl. Use potato masher or fork to mash avocado incredibly well.
Stir in remaining ingredients. For salt, start with ½ teaspoon. For lime juice, start with juice from 1 lime. Combine ingredients thoroughly, then taste and adjust salt and lime juice, adding more as desired. Once flavors have been adjusted to taste, serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- I typically use roughly 1 teaspoon salt and the juice from 2 large limes to get that perfect Chipotle taste.
- Salt: Don't shy away from the salt here. I promise you your favorite restaurants aren't! Using enough salt is key if you're trying to match flavors.
- Lime Juice: Limes vary in the amount of juice they produce, so you'll want to add a little, then taste, then add a little more, then taste, etc. until you've got the ratios just right.
- Consistency: Chipotle's guacamole is pretty smooth, so you'll want to mash the avocados really, really well to match that texture.
- To Serve: I recommend using lime tortilla chips. Chipotle's chips have a little tang to them, and the lime really captures that brightness. You can either squeeze a little lime juice over your plain tortilla chips, or use lime-flavored chips (Late July Snacks and Tostito's both have great ones).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 302mg | Potassium: 758mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 254IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 4g