Cheesy Roasted Asparagus
Easy and delicious, this simple roasted asparagus covers tender-crisp veggies with hot melted cheese and zesty lemon for a side dish the whole family will love.
- 1 pound asparagus woody ends snapped off
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or canola oil
- ¼-1 teaspoon salt or seasoning salt, see Notes
- 1 cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- zest of one lemon approximately 1 tablespoon
Preheat oven to 425° Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Place asparagus spears in large bowl. Add oil and salt, then toss to coat asparagus completely.
Spread asparagus spears out on baking sheet in one even layer. Place baking sheet in oven and bake 12 to 14 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and ends are slightly browned.
Remove baking sheet from oven and sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over asparagus. Turn broiler on high. Place baking sheet under broiler and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Remove asparagus from oven. Sprinkle lemon zest over melted cheese and serve immediately.
- Asparagus: Snapping off the woody ends of the asparagus spears is exactly what it sounds like. Just hold the end of the asparagus and bend it until it breaks off.
- Salt: For plain salt, ¼ teaspoon should be plenty. For seasoning salt or a seasoning blend, the amount of salt the seasoning contains will affect how much of the seasoning you should use. Start with a small amount and add more only as needed depending on your preferences.
- Feel free to use any seasonings you like here. A little minced garlic and freshly cracked black pepper in the oil mixture would be divine!
Serving Size: 1serving | Calories: 92kcal | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 167mg | Total Carbs: 3g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Net Carbs: 1g | Vitamin A: 698IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 2mg