The Best Spinach Salad
This spinach salad is simply the best! Made with fresh spinach, crisp apple, crumbled goat cheese or feta, thinly sliced red onion, glazed pecans, and dried cranberries, tossed in an easy, lightly sweetened balsamic vinaigrette. It's easy to make and full of flavor, perfect for entertaining or anytime you're craving a delicious salad!
Servings 4 salads
For the Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Spinach Salad
- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 crisp apple thinly sliced, see Notes
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup glazed pralines roughly chopped, or toasted pecans, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
Add all vinaigrette ingredients to jar. Tightly secure lid and shake well, until combined. Alternately, add all vinaigrette ingredients to bowl and whisk until well combined.
Add spinach to large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over spinach and toss to coat. Add remaining salad ingredients and serve.
Recipe yields approximately 2 large salads or 4 smaller salads. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 salad out of 4 using the ingredients listed. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 4. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Apples: Use a crisp apple, like Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, etc.
- Maple Syrup: Honey would work well, too, though the flavor will be slightly different.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use a dairy free cheese or skip the cheese completely.
- Make it Vegan: Use a vegan cheese or skip the cheese completely.
- Make it Lower Sugar: Use a sugar-free liquid sweetener, like Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup.
Serving: 1salad | Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 3544IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 27g