Poppy Seed Chicken
This poppy seed chicken is a cheesy, creamy dream! The best part is, it takes little time and effort to make. Serve it alongside roasted veggies for a simple, yet delicious meal.
Servings 6 people
9x9 baking dish
- 1 ½ pounds cooked chicken breast see Notes
- 8 ounces sour cream see Notes
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 ½ cups butter crackers crushed
- ¼ cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Mix together the cooked chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, parmesan cheese and poppy seeds in a large bowl. Transfer to a 9x9 baking dish.
In a separate bowl, mix together the crushed crackers and melted butter. Sprinkle crackers on top of the chicken mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Recipe yields approximately 6 servings. Nutritional values shown reflect information for 1 serving. Macros may vary slightly depending on the specific brands of ingredients used.
To determine the size of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed, then weigh the finished product. Divide the total weight (not including the weight of the bowl, pot, or plate the food is in) by 6. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Cooked Chicken Breast: The chicken can be shredded or cubed. Pieces should be no larger than 1-2 inches.
- Sour Cream: For a lighter option, you can sub plain greek yogurt for the sour cream.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 938mg | Potassium: 415mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 718IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 310mg | Iron: 3mg | Net Carbs: 14g