Sautéed Green Beans
These sautéed green beans are absolutely delicious! With butter, garlic, and bright lemon zest, this side dish will become an instant favorite. Tons of flavor, easy to make, and family friendly, too, it doesn't get better than that.
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter see Notes
- 2 tablespoons oil of choice
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ of one lemon zested
- pepper to taste
Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Add green beans and sauté 2 minutes.
Cover skillet with lid and cook approximately 3 minutes more. After 3 minutes, remove lid and continue to sauté until green beans are browned in spots and quite tender, anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes more.
After sautéeing, add garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook another 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Remove from heat and add lemon zest. Serve warm.
Recipe yields approximately 6 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 6. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Make sure you add the garlic near the end of cook time. Sautéed garlic is delicious but can burn quick! If you add this earlier in the cooking time, it will be burnt by the time the beans are done.
- Remove the skillet from the heat before adding the lemon zest. Like the garlic, it can burn fast, so it's best to add this at the very end, give the dish a quick stir, and serve.
- Make it Vegan: Use vegan butter.
- Make it Whole30/Paleo: Use ghee instead of butter.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 168mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 639IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 4g