Buffalo Chickpea Bowl
This buffalo chickpea bowl is a simple but flavorful meatless meal that's a spicy and satisfying. Creamy buffalo chickpeas are spooned over white rice and topped with blue cheese crumbles and a ranch dressing drizzle for a quick and cheap meal you'll want to make over and over.
Servings 2 bowls
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas drained
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ cup buffalo sauce homemade or store bought
- ¼ cup half and half See Notes
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 2 sticks celery cut in half
- blue cheese crumbles for garnish
- ranch dressing for drizzling, about 1/4 cup
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add chickpeas and cook until softened and browning on one side, about 3 minutes. Add buffalo sauce and half and half or cream to skillet and heat through.
Divide rich between two bowls and spoon chickpeas over. Drizzle with ranch and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles. Serve with celery and more buffalo sauce for drizzling.
Recipe yields approximately 2 chickpea bowls. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines, and reflect information for one bowl. Macros may vary slightly depending on specific types and brands of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the prepared components, then divide the weight (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 2. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Vegan or dairy-free: Use vegan blue cheese crumbles, vegan ranch, and swap half and half for non-dairy cream or coconut cream. Ensure your buffalo sauce is vegan if on a vegan diet.
- Chickpeas: Also called garbanzo beans
- How to cook chickpeas in the Instant Pot: You can use this method instead of using canned.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 1199kcal | Carbohydrates: 183g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 3322mg | Potassium: 777mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 589IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 364mg | Iron: 5mg | Net Carbs: 170g