Memphis-Style Cheese & Sausage Plate
This Memphis-style grazing board is totally loaded with grilled smoked sausage, dry rub dusted cheese, and plenty of Southern fixings.
ramekins for sauces
- 1 pound smoked sausage pork preferred but turkey is fine
- BBQ sauce store-bought or homemade, plus more for serving
- ranch dressing store-bought or homemade
- 12-16 ounces cubed cheese see Notes
- dill pickle spears
- whole pepperoncinis
- BBQ dry rub store-bought or homemade, to taste
For the Smoked Sausage
Heat grill to medium-high, between 375° and 400° Fahrenheit.
Place sausage directly on grill. Brush generously with BBQ sauce, then turn sausage over and brush other side with BBQ sauce. Repeat and cook 10 minutes, turning and basting constantly. When sausage casing splits (or just before), remove sausage from grill and slice 1-inch thick pieces.
For the Grazing Board
Arrange all components of cheese and sausage plate on grazing board, starting with small ramekins or bowls of BBQ sauce and ranch dressing. Place smoked sausage around ramekins and fill in any remaining spaces with cheese cubes, pickles, pepperoncinis, and crackers.
Once serving tray is arranged as desired, sprinkle BBQ dry rub over smoked sausage, cubed cheese, pickle spears, and pepperoncini, then serve immediately.
- Cheese: Cheddar, pepper jack, monterey jack, and gouda all work really well here! I like to use cheddar and pepper jack together, roughly 6-8 ounces of each.
- Make it Keto: Use a keto BBQ sauce and a keto dry rub. Skip the crackers or replace them with cheese chips or pork rinds. Make sure the cheese you use for cheese cubes doesn't include any starches or fillers.
Serving Size: 1serving | Calories: 529kcal | Protein: 18g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 1737mg | Potassium: 332mg | Total Carbs: 26g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 14g | Net Carbs: 24g | Vitamin A: 684IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 384mg | Iron: 2mg