BBQ Shrimp (New Orleans Style)
Perfectly cooked shrimp in a tangy Creole sauce - what could be better?
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup white wine or beer, or chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning store-bought or make your own
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 dashes hot sauce to taste
For the Shrimp
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp deveined, unpeeled
- 1 lemon sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup butter 1 ½ sticks, sliced, at room temperature
To Serve (All Optional)
- chopped scallions
- chopped fresh parsley
- crusty bread
- zucchini noodles
- cooked pasta
Add worcestershire sauce, white wine, garlic, bay leaves, Creole seasoning, smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce to large skillet. Gently stir to incorporate all ingredients and bring liquid to boil over medium-high heat.
Once liquid begins to boil, reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp and lemon rounds to skillet. Cover with lid and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and slightly curled.
Remove skillet from heat completely. Gently stir in lemon juice and slices of room-temperature butter, stirring until sauce is fully combined.
Remove bay leaves from sauce. Divide shrimp into equal portions with desired sides. Spoon sauce over shrimp, garnish with chopped scallions and parsley if desired, and serve immediately.
- If you're heat-averse, you can skip the hot sauce in the sauce ingredients. Serve it at the table, though, so your guests can add it as they like.
Serving Size: 1serving | Calories: 478kcal | Protein: 35g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 365mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 531mg | Total Carbs: 3g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Net Carbs: 2g | Vitamin A: 1765IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 131mg | Iron: 1mg