Garlic Herb Butter
This simple but delicious garlic herb butter goes with just about everything. You'll always want to have a batch of this on hand!
Servings 8 servings
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon other herbs of choice see Notes
- 1 teaspoon garlic roughly chopped, approximately 1 clove
- 2 tablespoons shallot roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Add all ingredients to food processor bowl. Process until smooth.
Spread sheet of plastic wrap out on flat surface. Transfer butter mixture to plastic wrap. Cover butter tightly and roll in plastic wrap to form log shape.
Place wrapped butter log in refrigerator. Chill 2 hours or until firm, then serve as desired.
- The butter needs to be room temperature to blend smoothly with the other ingredients. If you forget to take it out of the fridge early enough, just pop it in the microwave. Be careful not to overdo it, though - you want it softened, NOT melted.
- If all you have is salted butter, don't add the extra ½ teaspoon of salt.
- No food processor? No problem. You can mix everything together in a bowl with a fork. You'll want to finely chop the herbs, garlic, and shallots, though, so they combine well when you mix everything.
- Herbs: Use any herbs you like here. Tarragon, oregano, rosemary leaves, chives, or just more parsley would all work!
- Make it Vegan/Dairy Free: Use a vegan butter.
- Make it Whole30/Paleo: Use ghee instead of butter.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate any leftover compound butter up to 2 weeks.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 26mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 523IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg