Baked Brie and Steak Cheese Fries
The ultimate indulgence, these cheese fries are truly next level. With melty brie, sauteed filet mignon, bearnaise sauce, and some raspberry preserves for dipping, this recipe is unsurprisingly delicious. I lovingly refer to them as "French cheese fries," and I make them every year for my birthday!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 8-ounce wheel brie cheese
- 1 32-ounce bag frozen french fries see Notes
- ½ cup bearnaise sauce see Notes
- 1 6-ounce filet mignon cut into bite-sized pieces
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or canola oil, not olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter garlic or herb butter preferred
- ¼ cup raspberry preserves
Place brie in freezer. Liberally season filet mignon with sea salt and plenty of freshly cracked black pepper.
Preheat oven to temperature indicated in french fry instructions on bag. Once oven is preheated, cook french fries according to instructions on bag.
While fries bake, make bearnaise sauce (see Notes). When sauce is ready, transfer it to stainless-steel, insulated tumbler to keep warm.
Heat medium skillet over high heat for 2 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Once oil is warm, add filet mignon in one even layer, being careful not to overlap or crowd skillet.
Cook filet mignon for 30 seconds without stirring or moving steak. After 30 seconds, use spatula to stir approximately 60 seconds or until all sides of filet mignon are browned. Transfer filet mignon to bowl and add butter, tossing until butter is melted.
After brie has been in freezer 15 to 25 minutes, remove and unwrap it. Carefully slice off top rind and place brie wheel on small baking dish or oven-safe plate.
When fries are 10 minutes from being ready, place baking dish with brie in oven. Bake until fries are fully cooked (but not too browned) and brie is melted.
Sprinkle salt over fries, then divide fries evenly onto serving plates, or place all in one large serving dish. Spoon melted brie over fries, then evenly divide filet mignon between plates and top with bearnaise sauce. Serve immediately with raspberry preserves.
- French Fries: Any frozen french fries will work here, but I prefer regular cut fries without any seasonings or flavors.
- Bearnaise Sauce: You can use a store-bought packet of bearnaise, or you can easily make your own at home. I have recipes for both a microwave bearnaise and a more traditional version.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 770kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 24g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1095mg | Potassium: 852mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 3mg | Net Carbs: 50g