Whole30 Chicken Tenders
These Whole30 chicken tenders are tender, flavorful, and a family favorite. Tenderized with a secret weapon (pickle juice!), they're baked to perfection, making them super quick and easy, too. They're on repeat at our house!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts approximately 1 ½ pounds, cut into strips
- ½ cup dill pickle juice from a jar of dill pickles
- 1 large egg beaten
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- refined coconut oil spray or spray avocado oil
Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine chicken strips and pickle juice in airtight container or sealable plastic bag. Toss gently to coat, then refrigerate at least one hour, tossing every so often. Note: for best flavor and most tender chicken, refrigerate overnight.
When you're ready to cook chicken, drain and discard pickle juice. Add beaten egg to one shallow bowl and set aside. In second shallow bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, salt, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, and pepper.
One at a time, dip chicken tender in beaten egg, pausing to allow excess egg to drip back into bowl, then coat all sides of chicken tender in almond flour mixture and shake any excess off into bowl. Place breaded chicken tender on baking sheet and repeat until all chicken tenders have been breaded.
Place baking sheet in oven and bake 14 to 16 minutes. If desired, lightly spray tops of breaded tenders with oil after 10 minutes in oven, for a little extra browning. Once chicken tenders are golden brown and lightly crispy, remove from oven and serve warm with compliant dipping sauces and sides.
- The total number of chicken tenders produced will depend on the size and thickness of the strips you cut.
- If you'd like to use a thermometer to ensure your chicken tenders are ready, the food-safe internal temperature for chicken is 165° Fahrenheit.
- Make it Nut-Free: Use cassava flour instead of almond flour.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 995mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 332IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 8g