Buttery Instant Pot Cabbage
You can't go wrong cooking cabbage in the Instant Pot! This tasty, buttery recipe is so quick and easy, and uses pantry staple ingredients you probably have on hand right now. Try it once and you'll wonder why you weren't cooking cabbage this way all along!
- 1 medium head cabbage roughly chopped, approximately 6 to 8 cups raw
- 1 small onion diced
- ¼ cup cold, unsalted butter sliced, see Notes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- ¾ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
Add roughly chopped cabbage and diced onion to Instant Pot.
Add cold butter, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper, then pour in chicken broth. Quickly stir once or twice, then secure Instant Pot lid on pot with vent in Sealing position.
Set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 7 minutes. Allow 5 to 10 minutes for Instant Pot to come to pressure before cook time begins. Once 7-minute cook time is up, carefully Quick Release pressure and remove lid.
Stir cabbage mixture again. Use slotted spoon to remove cabbage from pot and season with additional kosher salt and black pepper if desired. Serve hot.
Recipe yields approximately 6 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 6. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use a plant-based butter.
- Make it Vegetarian: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Make it Vegan: Use a plant-based butter and vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
- Make it Whole30/Paleo: Use ghee instead of butter and a compliant broth.
- This recipe was tested and perfected using a 6-quart Instant Pot.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 590mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 386IU | Vitamin C: 58mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 6g