Sweet Potato Soup
This sweet potato soup is loaded with fresh veggies and a few secret ingredients! Whip together this simple, yet extra delicious soup for a cozy and wholesome meal.
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons butter see Notes
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple peeled and chopped
- 1 quart vegetable stock see Notes
- ½ cup heavy cream see Notes
- salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add in the onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until onions are soft.
Add in the curry powder, sweet potato, and apple, sauté for 2-3 minutes before pouring in the chicken or vegetable stock.Reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot with lid and cook for 20 minutes or until sweet potato are fork tender.
Puree soup with an immersion blender, or let cool before transferring it to a blender to blend until smooth. Transfer soup back to pot, stir in the heavy cream and add in salt and black pepper to taste.
Recipe yields approximately 4 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using ingredients listed. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 4. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Vegetable Stock: You can use chicken stock in place of the vegetable stock in this recipe if you want.
- Make it Vegan/Dairy Free: Use ½ cup full-fat coconut milk in place of the heavy cream, and use a vegan butter.
- Make it Paleo: Use ½ cup full-fat coconut milk in place of the heavy cream, and use ghee instead of butter. Make sure to use a paleo-friendly stock or broth.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 351kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1104mg | Potassium: 710mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 25274IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 41g