Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
Creamy, savory white chicken chili is even better when it's made in the Instant Pot. With tender white beans, juicy chicken breasts, sweet corn, spicy green chiles, and a blend of spices, this nutritious one-pot meal is hearty and flavorful - exactly what you need this soup season.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles undrained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans drained, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts 2-3 chicken breasts depending on size
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt at room temperature
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cilantro optional, for topping
- diced avocado optional, for topping
- tortilla strips optional, for topping
- lime juice optional, for topping
Set Instant Pot to Sauté and add olive oil. When oil is hot, add diced onions and garlic. Stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant and softened.
Add frozen corn, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, oregano, beans, and chicken broth to Instant Pot. Stir, then add chicken breasts and secure lid on Instant Pot with vent in Sealing position.
Set Instant Pot to Manual High Pressure for 20 minutes. After 20 minute cook time is up, Natural Release pressure for 10 minutes, then Quick Release any remaining pressure.
Use 2 forks to shred chicken breasts in Instant Pot. Once shredded, stir in cream cheese and Greek yogurt until cream cheese is melted.
Taste chili and season with salt and pepper. Portion into serving bowls and top with cilantro, diced avocado, tortilla strips, and lime juice if desired. Serve warm.
Recipe yields approximately 6 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using ingredients listed, not including optional toppings. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 6. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use a dairy-free cream cheese and a dairy-free Greek yogurt, or skip the dairy elements altogether.
- This recipe was tested and perfected using a 6-quart Instant Pot. Some adjustments may need to be made to ingredient quantities if using a smaller or larger Instant Pot.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 1121mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 5mg | Net Carbs: 36g