Instant Pot Chicken Wings
These Instant Pot chicken wings are super tender and full of flavor, and they're so quick and easy to make, too! There's no deep fryer required, making them healthier but just as delicious as traditional buffalo wings. Naturally low carb and keto and easy to make Whole30 or paleo, too.
Instant Pot trivet
For the Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wingettes fresh
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup hot sauce see Notes
- salt to taste
For the Wing Sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot sauce see Notes
- 6 tablespoons butter melted, see Notes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
To Serve (Optional)
- blue cheese dressing store-bought or make your own
- ranch dressing see Notes
- celery sticks
- carrot sticks
Place trivet in bottom of Instant Pot and place wingettes on trivet. Add water, ½ cup hot sauce, and salt to taste.
Secure lid on pot with valve in Sealing position. Set to Manual High Pressure for 9 minutes for thawed wings or 13 minutes for frozen wings.
While wings cook in Instant Pot, mix together wing sauce ingredients in medium bowl, then set aside. Preheat broiler to high heat.
When Instant Pot cook time is up, Quick Release pressure. Use tongs to carefully remove wings from Instant Pot and set aside.
Remove pot from Instant Pot, empty it, and replace it in Instant Pot. Add wing sauce, then return wings to pot. Toss or stir to coat wings in sauce, then transfer wings to baking sheet.
Broil wings for 4 to 5 minutes, then use tongs to flip wings over. Broil wings another 3 to 4 minutes. When crispy, return wings to Instant Pot and toss in sauce again. Serve hot with blue cheese dressing, ranch dressing, celery sticks, and carrot sticks.
Recipe yields approximately 6 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 6. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Instant Pot: This recipe was tested and perfected using a 6-quart Instant Pot. Smaller or larger pressure cookers may require adjustments to the quantities of ingredients used (especially liquid) or the cook time.
- Wings: If you're using drumettes, or a combination of wingettes and drumettes, nothing about this recipe or the cook time will change. Just separate the drums and flats if they're not already separate.
- Hot Sauce: If you're looking for a gluten-free wing sauce, make sure the hot sauce you use is gluten free! Most are, but some aren't. Check the label!
- Broiler: The broiling step is a crucial part of this recipe. If you skip this step, your wings won't be crispy on the outside, and they could be slightly underdone. Don't skip it!
- Make it Paleo/Whole30: Use ghee instead of butter and serve with a Whole30-compliant ranch dressing.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use dairy-free butter and serve with a dairy-free ranch dressing.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 1941mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 567IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg