Black Pepper Chicken
This black pepper chicken is easy, flavorful, and comes together in under 20 minutes! Tender chicken and crisp veggies are tossed in a savory, perfectly spicy sauce. Make this restaurant-quality black pepper chicken recipe the next time you're looking for something quick, delicious, and satisfying!
Servings 4 servings
For the chicken:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil see Notes
- 1-2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt to taste
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 onion chopped
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 teaspoons black pepper see Notes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add in the chicken and a pinch of salt, cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Add in the chopped peppers, celery, and onion. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Mix all sauce ingredients together in a bowl then transfer to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has thickened. Serve over rice with chopped scallions.
Recipe yields approximately 4 servings. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes.
- Peanut Oil: You can use vegetable oil, canola oil, or avocado oil in place of the peanut oil in this recipe.
- Black Pepper: For very little spice, use just one teaspoon of black pepper and for no spice, use half a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Make it Paleo: Replace the soy sauce and oyster sauce with 1/4 cup of coconut aminos and use coconut sugar in place of the regular sugar in this recipe.
Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving out of 4 using the ingredients listed, not including rice. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 4. Result will be the weight of one serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1071mg | Potassium: 631mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1095IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 11g