15-Minute Fish Tacos (Made with Fish Sticks!)
The EASIEST fish tacos ever, made in just 15 minutes thanks to… fish sticks! Loaded with toppings, these fish stick tacos are surprisingly delicious, with breaded fish, a simple citrusy slaw, and a smoky, creamy fish taco sauce. Your new favorite weeknight meal!
Servings 6 tacos
For the Tacos
- 12 fish sticks about 16 ounces
- spray oil as needed to cook fish sticks
- 1 lime quartered, divided
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups red cabbage approximately ½ head of cabbage, shredded
- salt to taste
- 6 tortillas 6-inch or 8-inch, corn or flour
- cilantro chopped, optional, for topping
- feta or queso fresco, crumbled, for topping
For the Fish Taco Sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, see Notes
- 1 small clove garlic peeled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- juice of ¼ of one lime as desired
Cook fish sticks as directed on package, or use our air fryer method for cooking frozen fish sticks.
While fish sticks cook, place shredded cabbage, juice from ¼-½ lime, and salt in medium bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside.
Add all ingredients for fish taco sauce to blender. Blend until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
When fish sticks are cooked, transfer them to medium bowl. Squeeze juice from ¼ lime over fish sticks, add chili powder, and toss to coat.
Place 2 fish sticks in each tortilla. Top fish sticks with slaw. Drizzle sauce over slaw and garnish tacos with cilantro and feta or queso fresco. Serve immediately.
Recipe yields 6 tacos. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 taco. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by 6. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Adobo Sauce: If you don't have adobo sauce, use ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder, or skip this ingredient altogether. If skipping it, add a little more lime juice.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten free fish sticks and corn tortillas or gluten free flour tortillas. Make sure the adobo sauce you use is gluten free.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use plain, dairy free yogurt, and a brand of fish sticks that doesn't use dairy. Skip the feta or use a vegan feta (like Violife's Just Like Feta). Make sure your tortillas don't include dairy products.
Serving: 1taco | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 651mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbs: 25g