Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets
Making frozen chicken nuggets in the air fryer is SO easy, and quick, and the air fryer makes the nuggets crispier than ever. This is the only way we make frozen chicken nuggets for my kids now.
- frozen chicken nuggets
- dipping sauce of choice optional
Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit.
When preheated, spray air fryer basket with spray oil (optional) and place chicken nuggets in basket in single, even layer. Place basket in air fryer and cook 5 minutes.
Remove basket and flip chicken nuggets over. Return basket to air fryer and cook another 5 minutes, for total cook time of 10 minutes.
Transfer chicken nuggets to plate(s) and serve with plenty of dipping sauce (optional).
This method works for any type and any number of chicken nuggets. Actual number of servings will vary depending on number of chicken nuggets cooked. Nutritional information will depend on the type of chicken nuggets cooked.
- Spray Oil: If you like your chicken nuggets a little less crispy, you can skip the spray oil altogether or just use it on the basket itself. If you like your nuggets really crispy, spray the basket with spray oil, place the nuggets in the basket, then lightly (lightly!) spray the nuggets with oil, too.
- Nuggets: If you're cooking a lot of nuggets or you have a smaller air fryer, you'll need to work in batches to avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket!
- Air Fryer Oven: Preheat air fryer oven to 400°F. Place chicken nuggets in a single, even layer on the air fryer tray(s). Fry nuggets for 5 minutes, then flip nuggets over and rotate trays. Fry nuggets another 5 minutes or until done.
- Make it Gluten Free: Use gluten free chicken nuggets.
- Make it Low Carb: Use lightly breaded nuggets or nuggets with the lowest carb count you can find.
- Make it Vegetarian/Vegan: Use plant-based chick'n nuggets.