Air Fryer Salmon
This air fryer salmon is cooked perfectly: tender salmon with a brown sugar-Dijon mustard crust that's super easy but loaded with flavor. Made in only 10 minutes, now we never cook salmon any other way!
- 2 salmon fillets about 6 ounces each
- 1 packed tablespoon brown sugar see Notes
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit.
In small bowl, mix together brown sugar, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
Brush Dijon mustard on tops of salmon fillets, then sprinkle brown sugar mixture on top of mustard, coating liberally.
Place fillets in air fryer basket. Cook in air fryer 5 to 6 minutes (for medium-rare salmon) up to 10 minutes (for well-done salmon). See Notes for temperatures.
Remove salmon from air fryer, gently plate, and serve immediately.
Recipe yields 2 salmon fillets. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for one salmon fillet with crust. Actual macros may vary slightly from shown depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
- Preheat: You can skip the preheat, but I don't really recommend it. Preheating the air fryer helps ensure the salmon cooks evenly.
- Temperature: For medium-rare salmon, you'll want an internal temperature of 120° Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the fillet. For well-done salmon, aim for an internal temperature of 145° Fahrenheit. Note that the recommended food safe temperature for salmon is 145°F.
- Make it Keto: Use Brown Swerve in place of the brown sugar.
- Make it Paleo: Use coconut sugar and an organic, paleo-friendly Dijon mustard.
Serving: 1salmon fillet | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 743mg | Potassium: 853mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 73IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbs: 7g