This cornbread salad is fun and simple to make! Simply stack cubed cornbread, a variety of fresh vegetables, and top everything off with a creamy ranch dressing. Every layer of this savory cornbread salad is as delicious as the last!
- 3 cups cornbread cut into 1-inch cubes, see recipe below
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 12 bacon strips cooked
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups ranch dressing
Place cornbread cubes into the bottom of a large bowl or trifle bowl.
Top cornbread with pinto beans, then top beans with chopped bell pepper.
Next, top with corn then chopped green onion.
Slice the cooked bacon into ½-inch pieces, then sprinkle over green onions.
Then top with chopped tomatoes, followed by shredded cheddar cheese.
Pour ranch dressing over top then cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Cornbread salad recipe yields approximately 8 servings. Nutritional values shown are a general guideline and reflect information for one serving. Macros may vary slightly based on specific brands and types of ingredients used.
To determine the size of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed, then weigh the entire recipe when finished. Divide the total weight (not including the weight of the container the dressing is in) by 8. Result will be the weight of one serving.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the butter and sugar and stir well then add milk and eggs; stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of pan comes out clean. Let cool then cut into 1-inch cubes and use in the recipe above.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 772kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 52g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 1432mg | Potassium: 411mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 839IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 302mg | Iron: 3mg | Net Carbs: 56g